What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camp n Fly 2024 May 4-5th!

thenated0g

Very Strong User
Reaction score
More stuff ready
PXL_20240428_151822328.jpgPXL_20240428_151828819.jpg

Red

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Well my Sunset fleet is ready!

For Sale:
Condor Yamaha - Sold!
Solius electric Rx ready $225
Fun Wing electric Rx ready $125
KA Me-163 Komet (maybe) $375
A-6 Intruder Rx ready $100

Attachments

• IMG_8777.JPEG
    IMG_8777.JPEG
    356.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8778.JPEG
    IMG_8778.JPEG
    383.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8779.JPEG
    IMG_8779.JPEG
    281.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8780.JPEG
    IMG_8780.JPEG
    268.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8781.JPEG
    IMG_8781.JPEG
    295.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8782.JPEG
    IMG_8782.JPEG
    280.8 KB · Views: 27

thenated0g

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Love the ninja! Dont think i have seen one in person yet.

Heres the rain i see for Pajaro dunes, 1 mile south of sunset. It has been moving as we get closer. Few days ago it had the rain on sunday.
@Wayne bring your stock of conformal coating :) Ill do some rain flights.

1714493198332.png

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Raffle Donations!

We had a great raffle last year, the best one ever! A very large part of that was our members bringing things to for the raffle. I know a few folks have already got the ball rolling with some personal donations. So I'm hear putting a little bug in your ear to join them and make it amazing again. The donation does not need to be RC related either. Something for the ladies? Maybe a nice bottle of wine, etc.

Aloft Hobbies is donating a number of goodies.
Dream Flight has donated, they have been a great supporter of the event.
Our new sponsor this year is FrSky! Still waiting for the items to arrive, but understand we have a brand new FrSky transmitter and a number of their super nice servos. Very cool!

Shirts
If you ordered a shirt or sweater, see us at main camp to pick them up. Think Jeremy will be dropping them off at camp Friday.

Hawaii Sloper

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Raffle Donations!

We had a great raffle last year, the best one ever! A very large part of that was our members bringing things to for the raffle. I know a few folks have already got the ball rolling with some personal donations. So I'm hear putting a little bug in your ear to join them and make it amazing again. The donation does not need to be RC related either. Something for the ladies? Maybe a nice bottle of wine, etc.

Aloft Hobbies is donating a number of goodies.
Dream Flight has donated, they have been a great supporter of the event.
Our new sponsor this year is FrSky! Still waiting for the items to arrive, but understand we have a brand new FrSky transmitter and a number of their super nice servos. Very cool!

Shirts
If you ordered a shirt or sweater, see us at main camp to pick them up. Think Jeremy will be dropping them off at camp Friday.
Awesome! Don't bring it if it was about to go in the bin though! 😁 Bring something you'd be happy to win at the raffle...

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
PARKING
If you are in need of parking and are do not need access to your car Saturday, then we have a wonderful solution. We can park vehicles down the street in a gated and protected compound. We will be offering a shuttle service to and from as needed. Even if you have your own campsite, you may want to consider the remote lot to make more spots for the day visitors. If you are interested, please ask in the main camp and we will get you setup.

This is a great way to free up some spots for the day visitors that always pack in on Saturday. Thanks!

Shoelace

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I don't put much trust in weather reports more than about 1 day.
I'm 100% the same. The predictions are so often wrong that unless there's a huge storm coming in I don't pay much attention to it. Plus, there's just a little window where they're predicting the rain so I say we just trust that it's gonna be just fine. And if not, we'll just make the most of it.

Shoelace

Very Strong User
Reaction score
DANG, was telling @Hawaii Sloper we could hit TICK point on the way home so he could see what it looks like.
View attachment 19740
I went to Tick point last Saturday for the first time. Holy crap, it was amazing. There were guys with F3F planes, a scale plane, all kinds of stuff. The landing zone isn't THAT bad if you have decent brakes. Would take some practice, though. I'm gonna throw caution to the wind and try to land my Jester there, I think it's possible with a good headwind.

Attachments

• IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    852 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0219 2.JPG
    IMG_0219 2.JPG
    860.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0218 2.JPG
    IMG_0218 2.JPG
    899.6 KB · Views: 19