What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

\\\\\\\\\|X10s |Flap/Elevator mix

jascat

New User
Reaction score
I have just bought an x10s Tx.
I want to mix some down elevator with the flaps & be able to adjust the setting while flying, with the elevator trim.
This is easy to set up on my JR radio. I use flight modes, select flap switch & activate the elevator trim to be adjustable at both flap settings.
Can this be done on the x10s?

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Pretty sure it can be done, but I have not played with FrOS to that extent. Lets see if some of the pros pop up here with a nice answer for you.

TeeCee

New User
Reaction score
Hi, how did you get on with this mix? I got an X10S last week and am still playing with it. I’ve managed to add ele to flap, my only gripe is that the flaps lower in 3seconds (which I set) however the elevator moves at full speed , ideally I’d like that to move at a similar rate... I’m using FrOs.... any thoughts, would it be possible on Open TX.? Cheers, Tony

Reaction score
In open TX you can do things like this...
The switch SA controls the flap position, up(-100) center (0) down (100). The respective positions of same switch enable specific offsets (MAX Weight(n) ) to the added the elevator for the center and down positions. There are various ways to scale and reverse as needed.

The Slow up and down on the Flp channel mix and the two elevator offsets slows the transition. Adjust times to suit.

"Slow" is a bit peculiar. It works best for mixes that have a fixed target position. The times have to be adjusted by experiment.
Slow Flap with Elevator.JPG

BobG

New User
Reaction score
you can do this in camberflap -elev mix for full flap elevator mixing or use ex-mixer to set other flap seetings I use exmixer to set a half flap setting on my cub

Mikester

New User
Reaction score
I have just bought an x10s Tx.
I want to mix some down elevator with the flaps & be able to adjust the setting while flying, with the elevator trim.
This is easy to set up on my JR radio. I use flight modes, select flap switch & activate the elevator trim to be adjustable at both flap settings.
Can this be done on the x10s?
There is a very good thread on RCGroups about FrOS, I have found it very useful. I used the example on this thread to set up my flap to elevator mix, works great.