GPS velocity voice at Full Throttle

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Register

TerryH

Nov 20, 2018
I have the FrSky GPS unit. I would like to configure the X10S radio that when the throttle is at FULL throttle every 5 seconds the voice is telling me the speed. It seems this needs to be done under the Special Functions, but I have been unable to make it work. I greatly appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

TerryH

Nov 20, 2018
After more experimenting on the X10s, it turns out to be very easy to set-up. I am still in the learning process for FrOS.

However, for anyone else who would like to know how to do it, here is the set-up, it is a 2-step process of using the Logic Switch menu and Special Function menu:
- Goto the Model section
- select LOGIC SW
- Create a LSWx with the following settings: 1 type= POT, scr 1 = J3, OP. is ">", 2 type= CONST_POT, scr 2 = 90
This is essentially saying use a POT being joystick J3 or throttle, where the value must be greater than a constant value of 90 or near full throttle. Don't forget to select OK at the bottom of the screen to save it.

- select SPEC FUNC (This tells the radio what to do when the above conditions are met)
- Enable a SF x, select time ( I chose 5sec for essentially continuous updates), select LSWx (the one you just created), select Play value, select Spd-g

That's it, actually very straightforward. The more I use FrOS, the simpler and more straightforward it is to use to do very fun things!

Cheers