What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glider News from Aloft

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Thought you all might enjoy hearing about some of the new gliders that are in the works.

Aeromod Prodij
We are excited to be getting in some more Aeromod Prodij, this is the sickest 60" slope beast we have ever seen. For sometime we were not able to get these built anymore, but recently Aeromod has accepted some orders and we did our best to keep the busy. :) These are not cheap planes, but they are a great one.

Nyx DS
Some may recall the Nyx DS from years ago. Well, per some requests we have reached out to the original manufacturer and they are working on a greatly updated version of this plane. This is a modified F3F ship that can do about 250mph for DS Acro. We have a prototype in production and hope to have it flying soon. Not sure what the name will be just yet.

Sonet and Sonet DS
Not sure if we will stock these, but this is a REALLY nice F3F ship. We are currently putting together a group buy on these planes. Long story short, I ordered one for myself a couple of years ago, and waited about 6 months to get it built. The quality was great, but I never built the plane as I had another F3F plane by that time. Eventually a customer bought it from me for use as a DS Acro plane. The F3F double carbon layup has survived 200 mph laps and gets glowing reports from those that see if fly. Long story short, this is a super nice plane, and the builder is willing to make a special DS version as well as his normal F3F and F3B layups. If you are interested in one of the best deals in this category, please get in contact with us ASAP. Prices start around 1,000 Euro for the standard plane (plus shipping and fees.)

Dynamic 40 (D40) Frontsider
Our concept for this one is to take an excellent tiny DS ship and modify it for better frontside performance. Yep, we are turning the tables and making a DS ship into a all rounder slope ship. :) The plane with be built with modern composites to drop the weight, but keep the strength and some changes to the flight surfaces. The goal is a plane that will fly in a wider range of conditions and offer improved flight dynamics. The prototype is built and we should have it in very soon.

We have a large number of new airframes coming in from South Africa & Japan.
Some really cool ships that we are eager to share with you. We should have the South African planes pretty soon as they were nearing completion on our initial order. We are really looking forward to checking out the quality and flight dynamics of these planes. We have read great things from owners in South Africa. The Japanese planes are a little more hush hush for now, but will be able to say more very soon. :)

Aeroic
We have also been working with Aeroic on some brand new models and we are really excited about those as some have been in the works for a good bit of time now. First up with be a 60" racer called the firebird. We are really excited to get this one into the air and see what it can do. I know I love the looks. :) Aeroic has a great track record with making some really amazing high end gliders, and they just keep getting better and better. I'm probably not allowed to talk about the others just yet, but I can tell you there are some really cool planes coming!!

Blejzyk
Some very interesting changes are happening with our Blejzyk line! These planes are super nice, if you have not checked them out yet, you are missing out on some of the best deals in the hobby! Well, maybe they require too much work to put them together? Well, we have a solution. We will be offering receiver ready planes very soon! The build quality of the kits is amazing, I love showing them off to people. Well, the new ARF versions will push that quality even further with KST servos and top quality builds from an artisan builder! We have seen some pics, and are blown away. Really can't wait to see these start to show up on our shelves!

We may make some other changes to the Blejzyk lineup, but the prices and quality will not change, just the number of options! For the kits we may allow you to select a V tail or a cross tail, different airfoils, and even different noses (electric, slip off nose cone, or conventional hatch) in the near future. This will make for a totally customizable kit!

Can you tell we love slope gliders?

Last edited:

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
This is good news seeing that at least one reseller has faith in gliders and particularly the slope ship.

I've had a growing concerned that there really isn't much on tap at the big retailers. Horizon Hobbies/Tower Hobbies has nothing for the entry level glider that actually soars. The loss of the Calypso and Radian 2 meter leaves little in the way of entry gliders. I think there might still be some Multiplex products but other than Weekender Hobbies I don't think they are available .

Last edited:

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Hi,
I saw some photos of the Sonet on RCG. Looks like fun.
Do you have a link to these photos? I don't want to spend time flailing around the RCGoof site. This would mess up Google's algorithms, giving the advertiser the wrong impression as to RCG's relevance to the industry/market.

Last edited:

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Thanks, I think?

Oh, the objectification of women thread. May the gods help us should anybody try to tie my appearance as having any bearing on my involvement in the hobby.

I do like that these gals are involved in their father's work/hobby. I'm sure as pilots that they will destroy me on the slope should we race, regardless of their make up or hair style!

All the best,
Konrad

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Really looking forward to offering more and more gliders in the near future. They may not be the most profitable thing for us to sell, but we REALLY like having them here.

We will be offering a few EPO foam gliders later this year. If you have been in my office you have seen one of the test samples sitting against my wall. It is a nice looking plane and flies really well. It also has a huge radio area perfect for adding FPV, gyros, flight controllers, you name it. Should be a plane that can enjoy many uses for a reasonable price. Will also be picking up some sport electrics, but we are talking about gliders in this topic. :)

-Wayne

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
I guess I can talk about the Aeroic Mü32 now since James has posted some details on Facebook.
IMG_4220.jpg

2.66M Mü32 scale fast aerobat coming your way!
IMG_4218.jpg

By the way the excellent CAD design for the Mu 32 was done by Martin Stobbe - pilot, designer, and really good engineer.
IMG_4227.jpg

This is a plane that I think Martin and I are both very excited to see. I have been suggesting something along these lines to James for a while now, so I am very excited!

P.S. Martin & James both are members of this site. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4224.jpg
    IMG_4224.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
To help keep me from making a complete fool of myself, can you tell us what name of the accounts these guys go under? :rolleyes:

I know you can't as it would be a violation of site's (forum's) privacy clause.(y)

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
You chat with James all the time here. I think Martin will speak up for himself in this thread.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in your posting, we have had to turn on a moderation que to cut down on the spam.

I have killed more than a few hours reading through the project blogs for the various gliders. Pretty neat program they have there in Germany!

ForeverFlying

New User
Reaction score
Hi Wayne!
I have been looking for a pre-built F3-RES like model. I like to float around looking for light lift on calm days. Really light wing loading with an AG35 or so airfoil. Do you know of anything?
Thanks!

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Not that is 100% pre built. I have some interesting planes, but most are electric motored. :( We do have something coming in a month or so that might fill your needs pretty well. We are wanting to check it out ourselves. If it looks good we will add it to the site.

-Wayne

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Mike, I'm not sure what you are looking for. Are you looking for a F3-RES legal ARF ship? Or a light lift yet responsive RES 2 meter ARF glider?

Most F3-RES legal gliders are coming in around 400 grams (14oz) ready to fly. This will be rather difficult for any ARF OEM to meet with traditional materials (a requirement of the F3-RES class).

Now if you want a glider that flies like an F3-RES this one comes close, but has full control of the wing.
https://alofthobbies.com/horejsi-q12x.html

I do understand the draw of the F3-RES class and would like to encourage you to try this ship. But it is a kit and as such you would need space to build it. I own two of these F3-RES and am flying one a lot!
https://www.djaerotech.com/chrysalis-lite-f3-res/
https://www.djaerotech.com/2m-chrysalis-e-lite-electric-sailplane/
http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=22619.0

I know Aloft doesn't carry these but on the up side they are American made.

All the best,
Konrad

P.S.
I see Aloft carries the CLM PRO brand. This might be what you want?
https://alofthobbies.com/aircraft/gliders.html
https://www.clm-pro.com/store-detail/models/arf-1/element-2-pure-glider-155-156-157-detail

Last edited:

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
As a heads up we should have the Element 2, Element 1.5 (DLG) and Trotter in inventory pretty soon from CLM-Pro. These are pretty nice planes for light weight floating. Also picking up another brand that is sort of similar. Ranges in sizes from 2m to 4m. Don't want to say the company just yet, but here is a photo.
glider32.jpg