What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About erskyTx

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
All the ELRS modules I know about use the SPort signal in bi-directional mode for control and telemetry data. As such, whether mounted internally or externally, they use the same signal. So, I wasn't expecting to have Xfire internally as it stops the external module operating, although using Xfire externally stops the internal module from working.
It should be possible to add Xfire for the internal module, but I would need you to be able to test if it works!

Mike

Gliderer

New User
Reaction score
All the ELRS modules I know about use the SPort signal in bi-directional mode for control and telemetry data. As such, whether mounted internally or externally, they use the same signal. So, I wasn't expecting to have Xfire internally as it stops the external module operating, although using Xfire externally stops the internal module from working.
It should be possible to add Xfire for the internal module, but I would need you to be able to test if it works!

Mike
Thanks Mike, I would be happy to do so. I do not plan to control bigger models with it but for parkflyers or small quads it would be nice to have with telemetry or for bluetoth with sims

Landru

Strong User
Reaction score
All the ELRS modules I know about use the SPort signal in bi-directional mode for control and telemetry data. ...

Hi Mike,

Please forgive a possibly ignorant question, but does your comment above mean that FrSky's S.Port protocol is used for module to transmitter communications in all cases?

For example, is it used when I plug in an external ELRS module into a FrSky QX7 or X10S running OpenTx? Likewise, is it used with the internal ELRS module in a RadioMaster handset running EdgeTx?

I had thought that TBS Crossfire was used for module to handset communications in such cases. Perhaps your comment is a targeted response to @Gliderer and I've misunderstood the context.

Many thanks,
Andrew

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
ELRS also uses the TBS crossfire protocol that uses the SPort signal, in bi-directional mode, but at a higher baudrate. It is not the SPort protocol in this case.
I don't know about an internal ELRS module in a RM radio.

Mike

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I've posted a new (test) version of erskyTx (on the openrcforums site), including one for the X20.
There are now 8 flight modes available (was 7) and the feature of INPUTS (like openTx uses) has been added. The original (easy to use) DR/EXPO is still available.

Mike

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
It has been running on the X20 since the beginning of 2022!
It not only runs, it may be installed as "Dual boot" on the X20, so you may start in either erskyTx or Ethos, just hold the RTN button pressed to toggle between them.

Mike

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, I would be happy to do so. I do not plan to control bigger models with it but for parkflyers or small quads it would be nice to have with telemetry or for bluetoth with sims
@Gliderer
I've just posted a test version of erskyTx for the 9Xtreme that enables XFIRE as an internal protocol. It operates by turning the power on for the internal module, but drives the SPort signal in bi-directional mode with the crossfire protocol.
This test version also enables the use of LUA scripts, choose between BASIC and LUS in the Model Setup|General menu (last item).
I'm unable to fully test the XFIRE operation.

Mike