What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universal ACCST Firmware is coming.

Copter

New User
Reaction score
Correct 100-(the F010 value) is VFR.
What firmware are you running on the Tx (and what version)?
Recent versions of most firmware should have VFR as a specific sensor that already calculates 100-rawValue.

Mike

I'm running older OpenTX.

I'm good with the raw values as you have shown what it means (lower = better).

Last edited:

Target0815

New User
Reaction score
Version 80 of UNI is now available with FBUS support.
Hi Mike,

I am testing an X8R with Uni 80 firmware and would like to connect to an FC under INAV 7.1 via FBUS. With an F.Port capable RX this works without any problems.

With FBUS I have no success so far. Therefore a few questions:
- with which baud rate do you operate the FBUS? According to FrSky / INAV it runs at 460,800 baud
- is the S.Port input on the X8R the correct port?
- is the FBUS signal inverted (like S.Port)?

Thanks!

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
460800 baud.
Sport (at the antenna end of the Rx).
Inverted like SPort.

The X8R uses transistors to invert the signal. When turning off (output signal going high) they are slow. It is possible your X8R output is too slow and the FBUS signal cannot be read correctly by the FC. When receiving the response, I don't use a UART, I capture the edges, and then adjust the timing of the low to high transisition before decoding it!

I only have a n ADV frsky sensor with which to test FBUS.

Mike

Target0815

New User
Reaction score
I only have a n ADV frsky sensor with which to test FBUS.
Yes, I have read that. The German forum also confirms that FBUS works with appropriate servos or ADV sensors.

You don't happen to have an FC with INAV available for a test? Or maybe someone else here?

Target0815

New User
Reaction score
The problem has been solved ...

FBUS with the X8R and Uni 80 firmware works perfectly. What did not work was the inverter to transfer the data to a SpeedyBee F405 Wing FC. With the inverter, S.Port and F.Port (with a different receiver) worked fine, but obviously not the 460.800 baud for FBUS. FBUS could be used directly with the X8R on a Matek H743-WLITE FC because no external inverter is required here.

Pilot A

New User
Reaction score
I just bought an Archer plus GR8. I have an XD9 plus 2019. Internal IRSM-s-x9 1.1.0 / 2.1.6 FCC. All of my current receivers are running UNI. The new archer will register and binds, but I can not update the firmware by plugging it in or OTA. The OTA option does not show up on the radio. It seem that the receiver will not talk back to the transmitter...
There is an update for the ISRM on the website:
ISRM v2.1.101. Fixed the issue that the ISRM RF module cannot configure the CH11&CH12 for Archer Plus receivers.

Note: Please make sure the Receiver [Archer series (except for RS), R-XSR, RXSR-FC, RX4R, RX6R, G-RX6, G-RX8] or Transmitter [ISRM-N, ISRM-Pro, ISRM-S series RF module] in using have been both upgraded with this update or later version.

If I update to this 2.1.10, will I have to update all of my current receivers (currently running UNI)?

Pilot A

New User
Reaction score
No, they should continue to work as now.

Mike
You are correct, I updated the ISRM, The receiver stayed bound and worked fine. My older UNI receivers also worked fine. but I still can not get the update to the receiver. Tried both the plug in and OTA methods. Is this a problem with open TX? Running version 2.3.15

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I don't know why a wired connection to the SPort of the Rx doesn't work to update the Rx, this usually works. What actually happens when you try?
There is a problem with OTX and some, newer receivers where OTX doesn't "know" about them.
Source code changes to OTX have been made to fix this, but it has not (yet) been released. However, I've built some binaries from these sources and posted them here:
https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14126
You need the file "opentx-x9D2019-2-3-15b.zip".

Mike

Pilot A

New User
Reaction score
I don't know why a wired connection to the SPort of the Rx doesn't work to update the Rx, this usually works. What actually happens when you try?
There is a problem with OTX and some, newer receivers where OTX doesn't "know" about them.
Source code changes to OTX have been made to fix this, but it has not (yet) been released. However, I've built some binaries from these sources and posted them here:
https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14126
You need the file "opentx-x9D2019-2-3-15b.zip".

Mike
Mike,
The receiver light goes from green to red. I get the telemetry lost notification, then firmware update error, device not responding...Telemetry returns. Green light returns I am going to try another receiver to check the SPort to see if that is the problem. Already tried two cables. The receiver is Archer Plus Gr8 and new firmware is AP_8CH_1.0.10.frsk
Anatol

Last edited:

Pilot A

New User
Reaction score
Mike,
The receiver light goes from green to red. I get the telemetry lost notification, then firmware update error, device not responding...Telemetry returns. Green light returns I am going to try another receiver to check the SPort to see if that is the problem. Already tried two cables. The receiver is Archer Plus Gr8 and new firmware is AP_8CH_1.0.10.frsk
Anatol
I just tried to flash an X4R. Got the same error message. This is the first time I have tried to flash with this TX using the SPort. Perhaps a hardware problem??
Anatol

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
If flashing using the SPort method, the Rx is powered by the SPort connection. If you are saying the Rx green LED is on and then goes to red, it seems you have the Rx powered before you do the flashing. The Rx must be powered from the SPort only, as it will be powered up at the correct time.

Mike

Pilot A

New User
Reaction score
I just tried to flash an X4R. Got the same error message. This is the first time I have tried to flash with this TX using the SPort. Perhaps a hardware prob
If flashing using the SPort method, the Rx is powered by the SPort connection. If you are saying the Rx green LED is on and then goes to red, it seems you have the Rx powered before you do the flashing. The Rx must be powered from the SPort only, as it will be powered up at the correct time.

Mike

I updated using your version. Now the OTA works as it should. I did have the receiver powered prior to updating, my error... Once again thanks for getting me through this.
Anatol

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I've discovered that the openXsensor project that runs on a RP2040 board is now supporting stabilising functions. I'm allowed to make use of the stabilising code, so I'm going to start on getting UNI to run on the S6R/S8R receivers. The first step will be to get UNI working just as a receiver, then I'll look to add the stabilising code. Both stab. and auto-level will be available, but I won't bother with "hover" or "knife edge".

Mike

shmuely

New User
Reaction score
Great, thanks
Indeed no need for hover and knife edge.
How good do you believe that result can be?
The original gyro are “not the best” to couple with the wind as other gyro.
Do you think the receiver has enough cpu to filter noises?

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I don't know how good it will be, but the openXsensor developers are also going to be testing.
The original FrSky code used floating point calculations (in software) and the code I'm intending to use does not, so we may have more time to do filtering.

Mike

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
It looks like I have the basic UNI firmware running on a S8R, so I'll now look at the timing and trying to read the gyro data.
The RSSI port on the S8R does not connect to an analog input so I won't be able to use it as a second analog input. For now I'm going to ignore it!

Mike

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I'm now reading the gyro and calculating roll and pitch OK. I'm now looking at the code to do AUTO-LEVEL from these.
I've investigated the RSSI port. It seems to be a simple output from the processor as I made it output the servo signal for channel 6 and it is correct on my 'scope.
I may make it a 9th servo output.
Possibly, if processing power after doing the stab. function permits, I may be able to make it a SBUS IN signal!

Mike