What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universal ACCST Firmware is coming.

GVT

Active User
Reaction score

rob3dd

New User
Reaction score
Can Archer receivers be flashed to Accst D16 using the UNI-RX firmware or is Archer working better than all the older FrSky protocols?

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Sorry, I have not updated this posting.

We now have beta testing for UNI on the RX4R, RX6R and GRX6.

We also have a new method of delivering UNI that does not require you to send in your receiver. If you are able to do your own firmware update and install and run a script on your FrSky radio, then we can validate your receiver via a custom code we send you. We are calling this option a Sub Master. Think this is ready to be released... More details soon.

nhedler

New User
Reaction score
To clarify - G-RX6 means that G-RX8 is likely to be possible in the near term? Exciting news, and the ability to upgrade locally is huge! Thanks so much to the team working on this!

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Yes, I think we will see a lot of receivers go live with UNI all at the same time.

Currently working out some issues related to the different architecture, but issues are identified and getting addressed. :)

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Pretty much a sit back and relax for the beta testing to do its job. If you have some technical background in digital RF, then you might want to join in on the Beta fun, but for now the beta testing is at a high technical level. Soon we will open up a more public beta just to get some hours and wider range of real world feedback. This usually pulls up some scenarios we had not thought to test.

nhedler

New User
Reaction score
I don't have any particular digital RF knowledge, but I do have a General ham license and plenty of RF noise in my flying area.

pfeerick

New User
Reaction score
Just a quick question on how to get this... so it was/is said that it is available from "four FrSky SERVICE dealers only, Aloft Hobbies in the USA and the others are in UK, CZ and Germany" and then there was mention of the possibility of emailable customised firmware. I have some X4R and X8R RXs (and some D4R-II although I don't think they're supported) and am in Australia. Am I basically up the creek without a paddle (as it would be cheaper to buy a new radio and receivers than send these over to the US to be reflashed) or did something eventuate from the email firmware thing? Is this still a work in progress, and likely to happen?

And then reads post #185 🤦‍♂️🤣 So, any updates on how far away soon is? Even just a little hint?

Last edited:

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
We have UNI-RX available now fore the following receivers:
  • X8R
  • X6R
  • X4R
  • RX8R-Pro
We have the remote instal version available and I'll upload that here along with the authorization script you will need to active the firmware for each of your receivers. I'll attach version 54 to this thread.

In this zip file you will find the following files:
Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 3.55.57 PM.png

Activate,lua is a script that you will install into your transmitter (will go in the script folder on the SD card). The FRK files are the different versions of the UNI-RX firmware for the named receivers.
  1. Find the correct firmware for your receiver and burn it onto your receiver with the same method used for FrSky firmware. (any method can be used.)(X6R uses the X8R file)
  2. Then bind the receiver to your transmitter like normal. But the receiver will not output anything until activated.
  3. Now run the activate,lua script on your transmitter while that receiver is bound to the radio. This script will give you a code, this code is then emailed to one of the FrSky dealers working with UNI and they will convert your code to an activation key that will be entered into the script on your radio.
  4. You now have Uni up and running.
Once the activation is completed you should never need to repeat it. Updates will work automatically.

Hopefully we can get a video up that shows the dirty little steps in finer detail. Writing it all would wear out my little fingers.

Attachments

• uni_54sm.zip
    146.6 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

Teamdavey

New User
Reaction score
We have UNI-RX available now fore the following receivers:
  • X8R
  • X6R
  • X4R
  • RX8R-Pro
We have the remote instal version available and I'll upload that here along with the authorization script you will need to active the firmware for each of your receivers. I'll attach version 54 to this thread.

In this zip file you will find the following files:
View attachment 12740
Activate,lua is a script that you will install into your transmitter (will go in the script folder on the SD card). The FRK files are the different versions of the UNI-RX firmware for the named receivers.
  1. Find the correct firmware for your receiver and burn it onto your receiver in the same methods used for FrSky firmware. (any method can be used.)
  2. Then bind the receiver to your transmitter like normal. But the receiver will not output anything until activated.
  3. Now run the activate,lua script on your transmitter while that receiver is bound to the radio. This script will give you a code, this code is then emailed to one of the FrSky dealers working with UNI and they will convert your code to an activation key that will be entered into the script on your radio.
  4. You now have Uni up and running.
Once the activation is completed you should never need to repeat it. Updates will work automatically.

Hopefully we can get a video up that shows the dirty little steps in finer detail. Writing it all would wear out my little fingers.
Great news!

If this route is followed, how is payment executed?

Jim Davey

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
It should not get lost, but the code you need to enter to re-activate will be the same as you originally used, so re-activation is straightforward, if needed
The RX8R receiver is also included in the files above, the X6R uses the X8R file.

Mike

alm_nl

New User
Reaction score
Yes, flashing and activation works very nicely. I also tested going back to original FrSky firmware (with rebinding also) and that worked as well. Then flashed it back to UNI again (including bind) and indeed it kept the activation. Did not have to activate it again after doing so. :cool:

Miami Mike

User
Reaction score
Activate,lua is a script that you will install into your transmitter (will go in the script folder on the SD card).
I believe the best place to put Activate.lua is in the SCRIPTS/TOOLS folder. It will then appear in the TOOLS menu where it can be highlighted and selected. See the two attached Taranis X9D+ screen images.

Attachments

• Activate.lua splash screen.png
    Activate.lua splash screen.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Activate.lua in TOOLS menu.png
    Activate.lua in TOOLS menu.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Works for me.

We are going to try and shoot a little video tomorrow. Will probably add your feedback. :) Thanks