What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to get bootloader to come up

mrmark50

New User
Reaction score
Hello,
I bought my QX 7 in 1998 and have had no problems with it.
I have been using it with a clearview flight simulator and the other day I couldn't get it to connect on my computer. In the device and printer section it doesn't show frsky joystick like it usually does, it shows as unspecified, so I thought maybe I need to update the version to 2.3.9 so I downloaded the companion and went to open bootloader by pressing the two lower switches to the center and turning it on but the screen lights but doesn't go to bootloader.
When I first got it that was the first thing I did and it worked fine and I've not changed it because everything works including the voice I have on the sd card.
Very confused.

HENNY

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I recall to get into bootloader on the QX7 don't plug the USB in yet and you need to hold the trim switches in and short or long press the power switch, try both. If clearview worked previously there should be no reason to upgrade now.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Bootloader --> No USB, trims to center, short push of power button.

I agree with Henny, if it was working before, this is not going to be a firmware issue. Chances are something has changed on your computer, or maybe the USB cord or port.