What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powering RX with a y harness

Rascal

New User
Reaction score
I've run out of channels so is it possible to power the rx thru a Y harness on one of the channels (I don't wish to use the esc)

Fair winds
Rascal

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Sure.

I'll add just to be a bit careful if you have a lot of hungry servos plugged in, the servo connectors should not be trusted to handle a bunch of amps.

iti20090

User
Reaction score
I've run out of channels so is it possible to power the rx thru a Y harness on one of the channels (I don't wish to use the esc)

Fair winds
Rascal
For simple slopies, I am a fan of the Corona FHSS four channel receiver and been running dual aileron/elevator/rudder through a Y lead with no probs.

I personally would not extend that to flaps though, as Wayne intimates, starting to get too power hungry :)

Cheers
Dave

gnichola

Very Strong User
Reaction score
@Rascal if I am reading your message correctly, you are thinking that you should Y the battery into the lowest current servo. If I am misreading your message, you can stop reading now. The current going through the Y connector is the same regardless which servo you use it on. The total current for all servos is running through that one lead.
If you are concerned about that, another thing you could do is Y the battery lead as well as Y'ing a pair of servos, spreading the load across a pair of connectors.
Or, you could buy something from this page: https://alofthobbies.com/collections/power-distribution

Rascal

New User
Reaction score
Thanks guys, simple solution was to buy a TD R10, it wasn't my first choice but it is better than the Y harness and possible issues.
Fair winds
Rascal