What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaving NIMH powered Frsky transmitters on charge

48thFleet

Active User
Reaction score
I have been doing this(RC) long enough that I should know the answer to this question, but it escapes me. In the old days we left NiCads plugged into a trickle charger to keep them up to charge due to their self discharge tendency.
The NIMH also discharges. So, can I leave my stock transmitters on charge without damage to the battery?
Thanks

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
All frsky transmitters that have chargers built in are save to leave plugged in, but I personally don't like to leave anything plugged in once the charge is done. I charge and then unplug. If it has been a while I may charge the night before a flying session.

48thFleet

Active User
Reaction score
Thanks Wayne.
I tend to lean in that direction as well, but the NiMH batteries in the older units, X9E for me, tend to have short shelf lives. I'll stick with what I am doing and la ahead.... if I can remember that far!