What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horus X12S charging issue

TwinTurbo95

New User
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I've had my X12S since the very first batch. Only issue I've had was the stock battery not lasting long after a year and a half of use. I purchased a replacement battery from you guys a couple of months ago and it's worked great.

My issue is that it will not stay charging. So I plug it in and after about an hour or so the solid green light goes away like it's finished charging, but it's not. So I plug it in again and it does the same thing. It is charging, but doesn't stay charging until the end. Any idea what the issue could be?

Thanks

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Let me check with FrSky on this one. I know we have seen this before and I think it is a resistor on the mainboard that would need to be replaced.

We could also adapt our X7 charger to work with your Horus, but we would need to rewire your radio for this application.

I think one of those chinese places sells a lipo charger kit for the Horus also.

Let me check with FrSky and see what the correct fix is and get back to you.

BigChinoDon

New User
Reaction score
I've had this drain issue too. I just figured that was how it was and lived with it. Interested to hear if there is a better way.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
FrSky sent me some answers, but the file arrived a little garbled. They will resend tonight. Basically a couple of resistors need to be confirmed on the mainboard. This is something we would need to do here as they are surface mount little buggers.

Jaguarbone

New User
Reaction score
Wayne, can you update your post #5?
I purchased new X12S mid Jan 2018 and am experiencing the same partial charge issues. (#102049730) (Yes took me three months to get assistance to convert to Open TX as I was not comfortable “winging it” alone.)

Battery will not charge fully before ending the charge cycle. Battery seems to loose it's partial charge capacity rapidly. I see four bars on batt indicator after charge cycle has stopped. Then after using TX on for 11 minutes, the batt. indicator is down to three bars? At 14 minutes down to only two bars!?
My backlight screen is set to go dim in 10 sec. intervals, off at 5mins.
I’m too concerned about this to fly!
Does Aloft offer any battery / charger mods or upgrades I could have done to expand on the battery life capacity?
Thanks!

Jaguarbone

New User
Reaction score
Batt. meter range is at 9.0 - 12.0 v.
Connected charger last night and have 4 bars this am. (Don't know how to obtain / display the actual battery voltage reading, but we believe, the Batt icon is pretty accurate to it's purpose. )
Playing around trying to find a battery voltage reading again, in < 5 minutes, shows a bar less.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
We have noticed that removing the battery from the radio and charging it with a smart charger to a full state seems to cure this issue with a couple of the radios we have had in here. We found this sort of by chance, my horus tech is not very patient so he charged one up externally and started testing the radio, we could no longer duplicate the issue.

If this is easy for you to try, you might want to give it a go. I will warn you it is a bit of a messy radio to open and close, so totally understand if you rather not give this a try.

Jaguarbone

New User
Reaction score
Thank you Wayne for the reply. Are you suggesting this as a one time R&R, or every time the TX needs to be charged?Is there no update to your #5 post regarding if a couple of resistors need to be confirmed on the mainboard? Thanks

Last edited:

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
It seemed to fix the issue on the couple of radios we have tried it on. We left them on until they drained back down, then simply charged via the normal FrSky method and the batteries went to full charge and stayed up. Kind of like the batteries needed a good cycle to get them going.

Jaguarbone

New User
Reaction score
I'm waiting on the Molex Plug to XT60 jumper to arrive so I can hook this batt. up to my Hitec charger for cycling - with fingers crossed!
Boy, Aloft has a great inventory of different combinations, in ready made jumpers!!

Skye

User
Reaction score
I hope it works. I bought a lipo conversion board. Compared to my 10s, this radio is a turd.

jweber

New User
Reaction score
Mine is having this issue. I tried the pull out and recharge method and no luck. Actually, it always seemed to have this issue. Which resistors do I need to check?