What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Wire Harnesses

davidbabson

New User
Reaction score
I want to get a wire harness for an old 3.4M osprey that a friend gave me.
I looked up wire harness:
https://alofthobbies.com/mix-and-match-glider-harnesses.html

The largest harness is:
3M : 355mm (14in) to flap / 860mm (33.86in) to aileron

This does not make sense. My aileron is 38" . The 3.4 meter wing is big but not huge.
What are all the people with 3.5, 3.8 and 4 m wings doing?
What am I missing. I assume that I am missing something simple.

This does not make sense? whats the key?

Last edited:

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
We make up our own harnesses.

These on the aloft site will fit most (80%) of the models they are spec'd to fit. It is up to you to actually check if your servo leads and servo location will work with these harnesses. If not again it is easy to make up your own harnesses. Aloft sells most of the components to do so.

Not sure I understand what doesn't make sense.

All the best,
Konrad

Last edited:

davidbabson

New User
Reaction score
I think I figured out my issue. I was not considering the actual servo leads. This reduces the length needed for the harness and creates a variable that can be adjusted ... if the harness is a little short... I can just extend the servo leads...

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Once planes get beyond the 3 meter length there is not much commonality of design. In other words, it becomes much tougher to make a harness as everyone plane has a different length needed. With that said, some people just add servo extensions, others solder on the added length to customize to fit the plane the best. We also sell just the connectors if you want to make up your own from scratch. Personally I rather modify one of the prebuilt options. Less work.