What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ace Micropro 8000 2.4 conversion with the new XHT FrSky

Classicpilot

New User
Reaction score
Which FrSky rx's would work best with this setup?
I am going to order the newer XHT conversion kit for my 1994 Ace MP8K
I actually have 3 MP8K but one is on HAM band and I am a HAM operator so I may just leave it as is!
If this new conversion XHT works well, I will convert one of my other MP8K radios.
I build nd fly 3 meter sailplanes, and RC scale , ws just wondering which FrSky receiver would work well?
I do not need the telemetry function, but I see the XHT is so equipped.
I prefer the simple way the MP8K programs over other Tx's.

Last edited:

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
This family will be your best bet:

Just make sure your module and the receivers are on the same firmware version. Pretty sure the XHT is shipped with V1, but the receivers are mostly shipping with V2 these days. When you order, just tell us what firmware you would like and we can burn that on there for you.

Telemetry is nice to have, your module will beep if the range is getting weak for any reason. Good feature to have. You won't be able to use much of anything else in the telemetry, but that one alone may save a plane for you. :)

sande005

Active User
Reaction score
Which FrSky rx's would work best with this setup?
I am going to order the newer XHT conversion kit for my 1994 Ace MP8K
I actually have 3 MP8K but one is on HAM band and I am a HAM operator so I may just leave it as is!
If this new conversion XHT works well, I will convert one of my other MP8K radios.
I build nd fly 3 meter sailplanes, and RC scale , ws just wondering which FrSky receiver would work well?
I do not need the telemetry function, but I see the XHT is so equipped.
I prefer the simple way the MP8K programs over other Tx's.

Keep us updated on the build - how installed, what you had to modify/add/tweak etc. I have 2 MP8K's One an updated Silver Seven) and an MS2K (on Ham, also) that could use dusting off....(and lots of Frsky receivers!)

Classicpilot

New User
Reaction score
Keep us updated on the build - how installed, what you had to modify/add/tweak etc. I have 2 MP8K's One an updated Silver Seven) and an MS2K (on Ham, also) that could use dusting off....(and lots of Frsky receivers!)
I have three MP8K radios.
One on HAM 53 Mhz + 72 Mhz switchable.
Two more MP8Ks on 72 Mhz .
I want to try converting one to 2.4 first and see how it goes before
converting the other one.

Classicpilot

New User
Reaction score
This family will be your best bet:

Just make sure your module and the receivers are on the same firmware version. Pretty sure the XHT is shipped with V1, but the receivers are mostly shipping with V2 these days. When you order, just tell us what firmware you would like and we can burn that on there for you.

Telemetry is nice to have, your module will beep if the range is getting weak for any reason. Good feature to have. You won't be able to use much of anything else in the telemetry, but that one alone may save a plane for you. :)
Wayne I also have a Futaba 6FGK with a FrSky DFT plug in module.
NO Rxs at the present time, what would work best with it?
Thanks,
Ed

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Wayne I also have a Futaba 6FGK with a FrSky DFT plug in module.
NO Rxs at the present time, what would work best with it?
Thanks,
Ed
DFT, this is going to be rather limiting for you as that is a pretty old module:

The X8R is the only one that can give you some telemetry. You will need to follow the directions that come with that receiver to bind in D8 mode.

Reaction score
I also have a question related to this thread. I have a couple of MP8k's and one has the DHT module I purchased from ALoft years ago. I also have the XHT module I have never used. Would it be a good idea to switch the DHT to the XHT? Thanks for feedback. I also have one transmitter on an XPS module that was my original MP8K from 1990 and first conversion.
Craig

Attachments

• 423455085_1546992752813420_5939021112947329311_n.jpg
    423455085_1546992752813420_5939021112947329311_n.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 21

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
XHT will be easier to find receivers for these days.. But if you have all you need and it is working well, I'd just leave it as is.