What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Access RSSI "signal low" "signal critical" settings

fritzy

New User
Reaction score
I've been using the Access protocol on both my GRX6 and GRX8 and have noticed that I get RSSI warnings much sooner than when I was running the ACCST firmware on the same RX's. I've done some googling and have seen it mentioned. a few times that the RSSI low and critical settings should be lowered although never seen it written in any FRSky documentation and not heard from them although I have asked this question. Can anyone confirm

HENNY

Very Strong User
Reaction score
It's not recommended lowering any of the RSSI warning thresholds. There are some important firmware developments coming soon that should correct what you are talking about.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
FrSky has stated that, but I'm with Henny, hold off a bit as the new ACCESS firmware will be rolling out soon and they should have adjusted the math to keep the RSSI values very close to the ACCST values. (It's a long math based story.. don't ask!)

bob_stan

New User
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I did read in the documentation to set the RSSI Low values to 43db or so?

gnichola

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Hey @Konrad could you update your link above? It seems wrong, and searching the FrSky website is rough.

2MUCH2DO

Strong User
Reaction score
The link is actually correct, you have to expand the ISRM firmware tab and read the release history. On Ethos it knows and defaults to these values when you bind an ACCESS reciever.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Yes, when using ACCESS you will want to adjust the RSSI warnings to 35 for the low warning and 32 for the critical warning. I need to do that on a few of my planes I just converted to ACCESS. I forgot and it was annoying while flying.. I'm bad..

gnichola

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I had a low and critical warning the other day and my buddy had read and interpreted the new numbers to be for Archer, and as the receiver that was squawking at me was an X running ACCESS, I thought I was having problems. Thanks all for clarifying.