What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universal ACCST Firmware is coming.

choochoo22

Active User
Reaction score
I have an X8R available and can probably adapt some work I did a couple of months ago with the Snoop to log Fbus. Unfortunately timing is not good. I'm out of town for at least the next two days and then need time to adapt the code. Probably someone with an Xact servo could test it much quicker.

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Version 80 of UNI is now available with FBUS support.
Also, G-RXx receivers may have the vario disabled and X8R type receivers enable telemetry if not activated.

Mike

shmuely

New User
Reaction score
I suggest that the description with the RO: uni_54sm / RX4R_sm69.zip / uni_57sm.zip / UNI_rx8rpro_59sm.zip
can be removed now from the description, I think it is confusing.

I update the repo

but I do know know what update to the scripts is needed
I see that you did not commit the changes here:

witch script is the correct one for edgeTx? the UNI-setup6 (that internally is ver5) or xxrsetv2?
both of them are very far from the script in the repo and was enhanced by @MRC3742

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Description removed!

UNI-setup6 (that has version = "6" in it) should run on edgeTx, I don't have edge on any Tx, but tested it on erskyTx.
The XxRsetv5.bas is the BASIC script that runs on erskyTx for those transmitters that have limited RAM available.
I included UNI-Setup6.luac (the compiled version) as this uses much less memory when run.
I believe I started from the version in the repo, but did changes to make it use less memory. I also changed the order of the options on page 1 to make it easier to handle the different receivers (including the D8 receivers that have the option of SBUS out on channel 4 and/or channel 8, now the last option on the page).

Mike

shmuely

New User
Reaction score
thanks for the clarification.
so that makes XxRsetv2.lua (inside XxRsetv2.zip) old file, can it be removed from the first post?

UNI-Setup.lua:
note that the it have a title set to v5

1705283215438.png

and all this changes are ok?
UNI-Setup.lua-diff-v5-v6

Last edited:

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
XxRsetv2.zip removed.
I've changed the V5 to V6 in the title and updated the .zip file in the first post. erskyTx doesn't use the title.

While many lines have changed, there are 3 main changes:
1. Set value variables to -1 to indicate they have not been read, rather than use a separate variable.
2. Add the function displayOption, this was intended to save memory.
3. Change the order of the options to make it easier to only display options that are specific to a particular receiver.

I tested using a X9LiteS and a X10S express.

I haven't used LUA much so I'm learning it. Trying to make it use less memory is not obvious, some changes I tried made it use more.
I've been trying to get the script to use less memory as there isn't much spare on some radios. With erskyTx, and openTx the X9Lite has 79K available, and uses 70K when it needs to compile the script. The X9D plus (with erskyTx) only has 71K and has only 2K spare when compiling.
However, if the LUAC file is available, and either both are on the Tx (same data and time) or the LUAC file only is present (possibly renamed to .LUA) then this runs using much less memory (only 24K).

I haven't looked at the Ethos scripts regarding adding the FBUS option.

Mike

Teamdavey

New User
Reaction score
I tried FBUS from an X6R to control an MS BRAIN FBL unit. While it does "work", there are multiple drop outs according to the BRAIN's PC app and the frame rate appears to be wandering - probably an artifact of the drop outs. I would not want to fly it as is.
Jim Davey

Teamdavey

New User
Reaction score
And a question. In the configurator there is a invert SBUS option that is N/A - will this happen or am I missing something critical?

Jim Davey

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Inversion of the SBUS output is available on some receivers (that have hardware support), so it shows as N/A on those that don't support it. It may be possible to add it by creating a bit stream and sending this using a timer if there is definite demand.

I just checked the FBUS output of my X6R and it is very stable. What may be happening is that UNI is sending the FBUS data at 9mS intervals, to match the frame rate over the air, while ACCESS based receivers will be sending FBUS data at 7mS intervals. Possibly the MS BRAIN FBL device is looking for data at a 7mS rate, and complaining when it is 2mS late!

While I could have sent FBUS data every 7mS, this would not be synchronised to the data from the transmitter so resulting in added latency.

Mike

Teamdavey

New User
Reaction score
Thanks Mike - makes perfect sense. I would not waste your time on inverted SBUS. Its easy enough to place a hardware inverter in the stream. I primarily wondered if I was simply missing something.

The real time log looks like what you suggest is happening. I'll try to remember to ask next time we are communicating.

Jim Davey

Loch

New User
Reaction score
Trying to activate UNI and I'm running into trouble with the lua script. I have it saved on my SD card on my X12S and when I got to execute it I get the following message:

fail to run lua: O:/SCRIPTS/UNI-Activate.lua:23: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'LCD_W' (a nil value).

Then it tells me to press RTN to exit. Any ideas why I can't seem to run the lua activate?

I'm using a bone stock X12S with FrOS

Last edited:

shmuely

New User
Reaction score
The scripts support openTx/edgeTx,
and there is also script for ethos.
There are no scripts for FrOs as far as i know

Copter

New User
Reaction score
Q on VFR:

From what I read, VFR is a count of valid frames, 100 being perfect. When I use UNI on a RX6R I get the below data.

I should note that I'm flying a helicopter with a Brain FBL, but I don't see this as factor, as I assume the RX6R is sending to the transmitter the actual VFR data it collects, w/o any changes - the FBL unit is just adding its telemetry data to the downlink data stream.

I must be doing something wrong.

Raw 580 VFR 3-31-2024.png

Last edited:

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
What Tx and firmware are you using?
VFR is actually transmitted as the number of missed frames in the last 100 (so 100-VFR), and converted in the Tx to be the VFR value.
It looks like you have the RAW value logged.

Mike

Copter

New User
Reaction score
What Tx and firmware are you using?
VFR is actually transmitted as the number of missed frames in the last 100 (so 100-VFR), and converted in the Tx to be the VFR value.
It looks like you have the RAW value logged.

Mike

Taranis X9d+ SE and UNI V80.

VFR is actually transmitted as the number of missed frames in the last 100

So low raw VFR values would mean number of missed (or bad) frames in the last 100?

Or, put another way, 100-VFR is the number of good frames in the last 100?

Thx.

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Correct 100-(the F010 value) is VFR.
What firmware are you running on the Tx (and what version)?
Recent versions of most firmware should have VFR as a specific sensor that already calculates 100-rawValue.

Mike