What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universal ACCST Firmware is coming.

Miami Mike

User
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I just reviewed the posts from #523 on, but they're about a case where telemetry is off when it needs to be on, while my problem is that telemetry is on when it needs to be off.

The complaint that Hlaalu describes, starting at post #531, might be closer to what I'm experiencing. He said he was getting the same activation code from two receivers, but maybe he's really getting the code twice from the same receiver because he thinks it has telemetry turned off while it's really still on. (Or maybe not.)

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I just tested my RX8R running V54 firmware and the telemetry setting is working correctly.
I tested using a X9LiteS (ACCESS in ACCST mode V2 EU) and a 9X with SKY board with external XJT (V1 FCC firmware). I did a bind first with telemetry enabled and saw RSSI correctly, then a bind with telemetry disabled and RSSI remained 0. Both radios running erskyTx.
I also tried a X9Lite (ACCESS in ACCST mode V2 EU) running openTx and this also configured the telemetry correctly.

Mike

Miami Mike

User
Reaction score
I'm stumped. I just tried everything I could think of with two of my RX8R and two of my X8R receivers but I still couldn't get any of them to bind with telemetry disabled, although they all work properly otherwise. I also tried bridging signal pins 3 & 4 during bind and that also failed. In every case I hear "Telemetry lost" when I turn the receiver off and "Telemetry recovered" when I turn it back on. I'm using OpenTX 2.3.15 with a Taranis X9D+. What could I be doing wrong? :unsure:

MRC3742

New User
Reaction score
Or do I have to flash it back to the original Frsky firmware to be able to stop it from transmitting telemetry? That won't be a simple process for me because the Frsky website only has ACCST D16 v2.1.0 Rx8R firmware and my radios still have ACCST v1. Unless I can find the original ACCST v1 firmware for an RX8R it looks like I'd have to re-flash my radio just to have one working receiver that doesn't transmit telemetry. :(

Not that this helps your current problem with the UNI firmware, but v1 firmware is available for the RX8R on the FrSky download page.
It is somewhat difficult to locate and it is the same for all receiver download pages that have a v1 available.
The latest v1 can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of the firmware files shown in the attached jpg.
Listed as "History firmware DOWNLOAD (not compatible with v2.x.x)"
It will download "FW-RX8R-170224.zip" and contains both FCC and LBT versions.

Rich

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 33

MRC3742

New User
Reaction score
I'm stumped. I just tried everything I could think of with two of my RX8R and two of my X8R receivers but I still couldn't get any of them to bind with telemetry disabled, although they all work properly otherwise. I also tried bridging signal pins 3 & 4 during bind and that also failed. In every case I hear "Telemetry lost" when I turn the receiver off and "Telemetry recovered" when I turn it back on. I'm using OpenTX 2.3.15 with a Taranis X9D+. What could I be doing wrong? :unsure:

I just tested an X8R (UNI v57 firmware) and was able to turn telemetry OFF and ON during bind using X9D+ using OTX 2.3.15 with internal XJT firmware FCC v2 "2.1.0"
Then I downgraded my internal XJT to FCC v1 "170317" and still was able to turn telemetry OFF or ON at bind.
It then occurred to me that back when the telemetry OFF or ON was introduced, the X9D+ internal XJT also had to be upgraded to be able to use this bind option.

I believe you are running an older version 1 firmware on your internal X9D+ XJT causing telemetry not allowed to be toggled OFF ?
If you wish to remain on version 1 firmware you would need to upgrade it to the latest v1 available to be able to use the telemetry OFF or ON options.
It's hidden the same as above, on the X9D Plus Download page, but here is the direct link to the latest XJT v1 firmware needed.
https://www.frsky-rc.com/wp-content/uploads/Downloads/Firmware/XJT/XJT-Ver170317.zip

It has both "EU" (Europe or LBT) and "NONEU" (NonEurope or FCC) versions.
You would need to copy "XJT_NONEU_170317.frk" to the FIRMWARE directory on your SD card.
Navigate to it, select it, and then select "Flash internal module" and wait for the progress bar to complete.

Hope this helps - Rich

EDIT: I found the RCGroup posts back in 2017 referring to the internal XJT update was needed to have bind options available on the X9D+
It starts here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2823315-OpenTx-2-x-x&p=37370566#post37370566

Last edited:

Miami Mike

User
Reaction score
Thanks, Rich! I now have FW-RX8R-170224.zip, X8R X6R FW20180322.zip, and XJT-Ver170317.zip downloaded and stored away for later, and I also have the RCGroups post bookmarked. I'll sleep a lot better now, knowing that apparently I wasn't overlooking something obvious.

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Do you have a Tx with a MPM (4-in-1 module)? If so, try binding the Rx using that to check the Rx is working correctly.

Mike

Miami Mike

User
Reaction score
No I don't have that. What I do have is another Taranis X9D+ which I call "T2", and it occurred to me that maybe T2 was flashed to the newer XJT firmware while T1 was not. But no, I just tried T2 and found that it won't bind with telemetry disabled either.

But what I'm wondering is, if this original XJT firmware can't make a receiver bind with telemetry disabled, shouldn't I still be able to do it by bridging the CH3 & CH4 signal pins, as the instruction sheets for RX8R and X8R say? Did you try doing it that way or just by selecting the "Telem OFF" option with your radio? Is that function even available in the UNI-Rx firmware?

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
With UNI shorting CH3 and CH4 at bind time changes the SBUS output to be a servo signal.
The only way to disable telemetry is the bind time option.

Mike

Miami Mike

User
Reaction score
Ah ha, mystery solved!

I just now put the XJT_NONEU_170317.frk file in my FIRMWARE folder and flashed my internal XJT module to the updated firmware for the USA, and then I successfully bound an RX8R to my radio with telemetry disabled! Thanks to Rich (MRC3742) and MikeB for all the help!

HeinerK

New User
Reaction score
UNI for R-XSR is now available.

Mike
Hello Mike,
Unfortunately the firmware does not work with the SPIRIT FBL.
No FRSKY F.Port or FRSKY S.Bus connection works.

With the FRSKY firmware RXSR_ACCST_2.1.1_Fport_LBT.frk it works without problems with FRSKY F.Port connection in the SPIRIT FBL.

Is it possible to adapt the UNI firmware?
Thank you for your feedback

Greetings Heiner

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
UNI, currently, does not support F.Port (or FBUS), only SBUS and SPort.
If your SPIRIT FBL supports SBUS, this should work with UNI.

Mike

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
If you used the R-XSR with FrSky FPort firmware, then the FPort signal is on the SPort signal. The SBUS signal is on a different signal pin.
Also be sure the blue LED is off (if on, then the SBUS signal outputs CPPM).

Mike

Edit: FPort is not now really supported on new FrSky receivers, they use FBUS instead, does the SPIRIT FBL support FBUS at all?

Last edited:

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
It seems the Spirit device doesn't support FrSky SBUS + SPort telemetry, although you might ask them if it is possible.
Not all FrSky receivers support FPort or FBUS, many of the older receivers (ACCST only such as X8R, S8R) only support SPort.
In addition FPort is not supported by recent receivers, only FBUS, so Spirit, perhaps, should look to support other FrSky options.

Mike

gnauck

New User
Reaction score
It seems the Spirit device doesn't support FrSky SBUS + SPort telemetry, although you might ask them if it is possible.
Not all FrSky receivers support FPort or FBUS, many of the older receivers (ACCST only such as X8R, S8R) only support SPort.
In addition FPort is not supported by recent receivers, only FBUS, so Spirit, perhaps, should look to support other FrSky options.
it supports SBUS + SPORT. I am using this on 1 heli. It only needs 2 cables for the connection insteads of 1.

FBUS seems to be supported according to the WIKI as well. But I have not tried this yet because I am on ACCST only and use the special FPORT firmware for the 1 wire connection for SBUS+Telemetry.
see: https://manual.spirit-system.com/index.php?title=FrSky_FBUS

MikeB

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I may be able to add FBUS support, just need to find the time to add it in and test it.

Mike