What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble using X8R with Taranis X9 Lite S

lewisd2

New User
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Taranis X9 Lite S transmitter, to finally upgrade my old Futaba FM radio system.
I was told by an Aloft Hobbies staff person that an X8R receiver would work with this transmitter, so I got that too.

Upon setting them up, I followed the binding instructions, and all seemed to work (solid green light on the RX). Channels 1-4 work just fine. However, all channels above 4 don't respond at all. I have the transmitter in ACCST D16 mode.

I realize I'm new to the world of OpenTX and FrSky, but I've done a lot of searching to fix the issue and I believe I've set up the radio properly. I setup the inputs page 5 to accept channels 1 (ail), 2 (ele), 3 (thr), 4 (rud), 5 (flap). Channel 5 is the only one that won't respond. I get the same issue if I connect it to ch 6, 7, 8 on the receiver. However, if I put it on ch4, the servo responds normally. It's like the receiver is ignoring any channel input above 4.

Can anyone help here? Have I messed up something in the transmitter setup? Do I have a defective TX or RX? Should I attempt a firmware update? I'm currently on the 11/7/2019 frSky d39cc6fa.

Kilrah

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Check that the Channel Range includes all the channels you want in the module settings.

lewisd2

New User
Reaction score
The channel range is set to 1-16 in ACCST D16 mode on the transmitter. The only other choice is 1-8. However, both of these choices have the same result of ignoring ch 5-8. In addition, when binding, I've tried choosing ch 1-8 with telemetry on and off. No difference. (by the way, the telemetry for RX battery voltage seems to be working).

Kilrah

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Then you must be missing entries in the mixer for your other channels.

lewisd2

New User
Reaction score
Then you must be missing entries in the mixer for your other channels.

Ah yes that appears to be it! On the Mixer page, it appears channels 1-4 were listed by default, but nothing else. Once I added a 100% mixer for channel 5, the flaps started responding.

Thanks so much!!!

JiminWA

New User
Reaction score
Ah yes that appears to be it! On the Mixer page, it appears channels 1-4 were listed by default, but nothing else. Once I added a 100% mixer for channel 5, the flaps started responding.

Thanks so much!!!
For some reason flaps are not created in inputs by wizard. If you want any trim or advanced flap options you will have to create separate inputs for each flap. Do your mixing on the inputs screen.

HENNY

Very Strong User
Reaction score
For some reason flaps are not created in inputs by wizard. If you want any trim or advanced flap options you will have to create separate inputs for each flap. Do your mixing on the inputs screen.
You cannot perform a mix in the input screen, you can only switch. Mixes can only be performed on the mix page.

JiminWA

New User
Reaction score
I was instructed by 2 very notable people, 1 who was a developer that the original intention was for inputs to include most mixes. To do those mixes on inputs. To build upon those in the mix screen for advanced functions. All of my models are now programmed this way. Actually easier and allows for considerably more options.
This where I create all my GVs. My base model. Then I can get very specific within mixes for each flight mode.
My X12S running OpenTx will accept up to 100 inputs. They can be added either in inputs or mixes as long as cow follows calf.

Last edited: