What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Next Build!

Txmustangflyer

Strong User
Reaction score
Even though the mustang isn't finished, I had to pull the trigger. Chances like this don't come often so I had to snatch it.

I had the opportunity to have a conversation with the owner of Fokkerc. Luck shpuld have it, a P-38 lightning kit was of interest to him. He quoted a price, I hit the paypal send button.

Guys (aloft guys) I'm going to have to figure out gas engine telemetry on a multi engine airplane.

Wayne, servos will be all from Aloft stock, not using cheapies on a full build.

Engines will be RCGF, one set up for counter rotation, and Christian Ramoser will be getting some more of my money for a set of 3 blade varioprops for it.

Of course, all frsky stuff as far as the radio.
Konrad, gonna need you too. The lightning, of course,will have fowler flaps, and so if it comes to engineering a fix, you are the man for the job. Rumen is pretty good, but problems always pop up with stuff . This will be next winter's project, and probably the winter after as well...

Fully sheeted, glassed, fliteskin on the winhd, tail surfaces..instead of tegular fiberglass on the booms and pod, may do cf matte. Hes doing all the detail parts as well, save for the nose cannon I think...3d printed canopy frame, lexan canopy..etc.

Sierragiants has lightning retracts..adjusting to scale wouldn't be a huge problem. Rumen is doing exactly 1/6 scale. Its going to be fun! (Wth did I get myself into...)
Konrad..wanna make 1200 bucks?

Is there a RC 12 step program... RC Addicts anonymous or some such?

Lol.

Last edited: