Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by timrowledge

1. timrowledge

Banos Trip 4/13 Who's in?

Err, that would be me. I think maybe the 2002 Los Banos Scale do? My Fox got away from me and I lost sight of it; it went into the water near the shore. I went down the slope (it's a *long* way and I really didn't have very sensible shoes on for the trek) but some other guy beat me down there...
  2. timrowledge

Yeah, haven't we all? The wild thing is that I'm still flying the Seledkin that I got off Bruce in ... well, maybe last millenium?
  3. timrowledge

Yay! I recognise Brian & Sean (hi guys) and the place looks much that same as last time I got there. Which was ... err... 2003? Has anyone set fire to the grass recently :) Up here on Vancouver Island the PDQFlyers had the season opening funfly and it was nice to be back out there.
  4. timrowledge

Whats your day job?

{waves from the cheap seats} Hi. I'm tim and I'm a flightaholic. Started flying at 13, 50 years ago, eek. One of my school teachers was That Mike Blandford. Mechanical engineer, Industrial Designer, Software Engineer, intelligence analyst for [redacted], built motorcycles (for money!), model...
  5. timrowledge

How should we handle bad postings here? - Please vote -

This is a private club that happens to have very open membership. There is no need whatsoever to tolerate postings or other behaviour that annoys the host of the party - and it matters not whether that is political opinions or taste in colours to paint a model.
  6. timrowledge

Universal ACCST Firmware is coming.

This was sort of covered a page or two ago but I want to be quite sure about it; I have a couple of models where an XM+ rx is used as a secondary Rx with a 'full size' Rx. One is a G-RX8, the other an RXR8pro. I understand that the XM+ is not likely to get a version of Uni f/w. If I install the...
  7. timrowledge

OK, so this is what happened this time; since Mike asked me to check the 12-char codes from the Rx I remembered that it took some time for them to appear and waited. After they had (and I confirmed they matched what I wrote) I entered the activation code, hit 'send' and waited. This time it...
  8. timrowledge

Ah, that's interesting; the last step of displaying 'Activated' didn't happen. May I suggest adding that info to a) the documentation, and b) perhaps the status XxRstatv5e.lua
  9. timrowledge

Apparently I'm doing something wrong when trying to set up an X8R. I loaded the UNI firmware in the usual manner via the s-port socket. I bound the rx D16 as usual I ran the activate lua script and sent the details to Aloft. I got my answer back. I used the activate lua script again to send the...
  10. timrowledge

X10S screen replacement

Yup. At least, so far as I know. Everything seems to work and in the right lighting conditions I can make out the display apparently doing its thing in the dark. I'd even be happy with a 2nd had at this point
  11. timrowledge

X10S screen replacement

A couple of years ago I bought a 2nd hand X10S to use in making an update of my custom tray-case radio. Whilst dismantling it to measure all the components I managed to a) damage the pcb connector for the display cable, dammit, though it seems to connect ok with care b) crack the rather bad...
  12. timrowledge

Flying at Baylands Park, and other close-by sites in the San Francisco Bay Area, California

Yay! I used to fly there when we lived in Milpitas. Pleased to see it's still a viable flying site despite all the development and restrictions since '04.
  13. timrowledge

This seems to me to be a clear case of "somebody send Mike an R-XSR stat!". Especially given that the plain XSR is discontinued and so the only way to get one would be a clone or otherwise potentially dodgy source (I see some advertised on aliexpress for example) and thus break at least the...
  14. timrowledge

Just how did I manage to leave the final 'e' off my username? What a jok

Just how did I manage to leave the final 'e' off my username? What a jok
  15. timrowledge

If I've understood correctly there is no current UNI firmware for the XM+ rx; so what is the best way to handle the two models where I'm using an XM+ as an auxiliary RX? I suppose I could use a full X8R instead in the big Yak-54 without too much problem, but in my Seledkin I need a tiny RX in...