What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XJT external module issue in a X9D

Masterpiece

New User
Reaction score
Hi
I have just installed an external XJT module in my original X9D Taranis (as the intenal module is basically useless at binding 😡). Straight away with the new module installed I was able to bind my g-rx6 instantly 😊. Powered down and tested to make sure everything is working. Powered up the radio, module has green light flashing and solid red light, .... all good so far (BTW I've a lot of issues with this radio not binding correctly so i am VERY jubious for it to work correctly 😐, unfortunately). Power up the receiver and the module does a constant beep. GREEEAAAT an new issue (soooooo happy....not 😠). Constant beep as per the instructions says that there is a range/antenna issue, but here's why that can't be:
- The antenna is securely attach ... like solidly.
- the radio shows a full bar for the antenna reception
- RSSI reading is within acceptable levels
- internal module is turned off

Is there something I'm missing? Or do I have a dodgy XJT external module that needs to be sent back to the supplier? (I literally only bought this module a few days ago
Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Glen

Masterpiece

New User
Reaction score
Update to the issue.
I have tried binding other receivers (mostly X8R receivers) I have with the external module with success.
Seems that the module doesn't like G-RX6 receivers, even though the G-6RX instructions mentions the use of the external module with no issues.
I'm going to try the G-RX6 with my X9E and see if I get any success.
Good news is that it isn't the external module that is the issue