What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

X-lite by frsky

Kjwright12

New User
Reaction score
Looking to buy one. Was just curious if the one from Aloft comes with a case.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kjwright12

New User
Reaction score
Thanks Wayne. Bought a QX7 from you all and you set it to mode 2. I realize the process is different with the lite. Do you all do the same for the lite ?? Just curious,
looks pretty easy. Thanks again, Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Are you asking if we can change the stick modes for you on an X-lite? I guess we can, but it is easy for anyone to do. Don't even have to open up the radio. :)

Kjwright12

New User
Reaction score
When I bought my QX7 you all set it all to Mode 2. But seeing as it so easy on the radio it’s not a big deal, I’m sure I can handle it.
Thanks again.
Kevin.

thenated0g

Very Strong User
Reaction score
It has instructions that come with it. Its just a couple little screws you adjust on the underside. No need to open the case or anything.

thenated0g

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I sat down last night and finally setup my x-lite for use this weekend as we are going to fort bragg. Winds probably only 5-6mph, but figured i could bring the alula and see what happens. For myself i only had to add the one long screw in the left side to make it mode 2. One nice thing about the case it comes with is it has a little pocket hole in the front that seems almost made to hold 2 alula batteries.

The first time i turned the x-lite on i had no clue how to even get into the menus, had to actually RTFM lol. And i apparently have not upgraded my x9d to anything close to the latest opentx as i had to watch some videos on setting up elevons. I think i got used to the little wizard at the beginning in the x9d. (edit: after updating to the latest opentx via alofts sd card upgrade ($10) i now have the starting wizard for planes in the xlite)

The little controller feels great in the hands. I had mentioned to Wayne when i was buying it in the store, but usually i feel very awkward launching a plane without a neck strap on my x9d, but this little controller feels much more comfortable in the hands without a strap. Will let you know after i use it this weekend.

IMG_20181011_184309.jpg

Kjwright12

New User
Reaction score
All I had to do was put in the short screw on the throttle side (mode 2) long screw was already in. Came with Open TX 2.2.2. Bought Alofts SD card. Putting that in tonight. Misplaced it as it was lost on my cluttered desk. Frsky must be putting some screws in.

thenated0g

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I took my Alula out with it yesterday and did a bunch of wing tosses. So a bunch of short flights. But i realized later that i didnt even miss my neck strap. It feels really solid in the hand.

Kjwright12

New User
Reaction score
So, how did you like or not like it?

I think it’s extremely well made for the price point. Feels great in your hands smooth gimbals snappy switches its a win, win for both Frsky and Aloft. Great products and service , you can’t go wrong buying from Aloft. Thanks Wayne for having a super crew and customer service the way it should be.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
And now FrSky has some 18650 battery caps for the radio, so if folks have a need for more battery, there will be an option. We should have them soonish.. Not sure FrSky has announced them yet.

thenated0g

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I got the longer sticks from aloft and installed them this morning. The are definitely longer and will be nice for pinching, but the problem i have now is that there is no headroom at all in the included case. They touch the top of the inside of the case and you have to deform the lid slightly to get it zippered shut.

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Ask Aloft's Chris to make you a set of extended stick cones. He did that for my X9E.