What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Variometer tone on X12s

dariushz1

New User
Reaction score
I have recently bought an Horus X12S, I also have GRX6 receiver, I can see that the RX sends altitude and vertical speed info to the Transmitters telemetry display, but I cannot figure out how to make the transmitter make variometer tones? the Frsky manual is very lacking on this, Can anyone point me to where I can find step by step to do this ?

Haoyang Wang

Strong User
Reaction score
In OpenTX, there is a Special Function “Play Vario”, and you can assign it to a switch.

Last edited:

dariushz1

New User
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have OpenTX, I am using FROS. How does one make vario sound sing in FROS?

tb3349

New User
Reaction score
I have a Horus 10S and am using the G-XR8 Rx with Vario. To hear the tones you just put a special function to "play vario".

For me, I can see on the screen that the vario quickly shows lift or sink at a very high frequency, but the tone and frequency of the tones are very insensitive. Not good for low lift.

I am using FrOS and want to know if there is any way to increase the sensitivity (octave or frequency) of the tones?

mgt006

New User
Reaction score
I also have FrOS vario with “play vario” not working. “play value” works providing altitude. Anyone get play vario to work on FrOS?