What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vaccume tubes

Old piolet

New User
Reaction score
Had to make own xmitters to fly in 1955, flew at torry pines, while back 1957. just finished moding an ELf HL ,to clean it up. Need to keep HL arm working.. Only 85 yrs young...
Some one said the silver 7 type tx wouldnt work with Frske ! Didnt make sense? Same ms pulse to RF deck? So far i havent ben able to get the modulation from a 3ch Hitec tx to activate an XJT tx deck correctly. It mates to an X8R rec, -green light, but dont move servo ,
ocili scope shoes pulses? Feild strength meter shoes RF ....Need to goback and look at micro po 8000 pulses...still trying to learn frske tx...
Charlie. Fox

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Charlie - Just need to track down a good PPM signal from the radio and you should be good to go. Sometimes this is tricky to find. Do you know what the transmitter model is you are trying to convert? I'll see if I can find anything about it.

Gerty64p

New User
Reaction score
The DHT Hack RF modal works Great Just Remove the old ACE RF deck find an OLD 3 pins Dean Connector that matches the one on the pigtail from Encoder follow the instructions in the DHT modal and hook up ant and get a RX and it JUST PLAIN WORKS. did that to a couple of my old MP8Ks. I used to be an ACE Service Center

minimoa

New User
Reaction score
Anyone remember the vacuum tube testers you would see at the 7-11 stores back in the early 60's?

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
San Mateo electronics still has one and it is actually functional.

My Carver amp still uses tubes. Now thar's an oxymoron, tube amp with digital media!

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
My Dad had a tester and a bunch of tubes until he retired, he didn't want to pay the movers to move them.