What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uploading/downloading Models OpenTx 2.2.1

IRW2411

New User
Reaction score
Have just changed my Horus x12s over to OpenTx, and cannot download and access more than the last download to radio. There are no other models shown on either the SD card when viewing with file explorer or in the model select screen. Have reloaded both the firmware and SD card files. Companion shows that the files have been downloaded but never appear. Further, the file name for the model is shown as "Document 1." rather than the actual model name.
Am I missing a vital step?
I'm not a newbie with companion - have been happily programming my Taranis 9x for quite some time on the 2.1x issues - but this Horus problem has me stumped.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hmm, yes, this gets a little fun at times with the Horus. We do not currently have an X12S on OpenTX to play with in the shop (someone bought it..) Sorry for the silly question, but you are using Companion, right?

Chris, my Horus guru here was telling me that the newest OpenTX does not seem to behave well with Windows, he has no issues with 2.2.0 in this regard. He has not dug into the issue just yet, something about me burying him in work and chaining him to the desk. Whatever.. :) Sounds like he has a radio here with the issue and will be doing further testing to figure this out. May be a bug in the current firmware.

IRW2411

New User
Reaction score
Yes Wayne I am using Companion - currently running on a Mac/Parallels/Windows 10. I do also have it on the Mac so will try this route to determine if it's just a Windows phenomenon. There appears to be a number of issues - the one I originally referred that it will only display and hold on the Tx the last model downloaded from Companion. 2. Will not show rotary switches S1 & S2 to allow selection and use in any of the functions eg;GVAR, to use as volume control, applies to both Horus and Companion. I didn't experience either of these problems (as I recall) on 2.2.0. Unfortunately I have installed 2.2.1 on both the Mac and Windows and there seems no way of going back.
Any light you you can throw on these issues would be appreciated.

IRW2411

New User
Reaction score
Hi Wayne - have just tested with Mac - seems it still has 2.2.0. Same problem exists - will only display last model down loaded from companion. Only the most recent download shown in Model Select. Re showing accessing rotary pots S1 & S2 these do show up when using special functions at model level but not in Global Functions.

HELP!!!!

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
We will be working on this with an X10S and report back, but it might be a couple of days. If it works with the X10S, than we will give an X12S a try also. We are going to start with the X10S simply because that is a work in progress for some other things we have going on. They are VERY similar in most regards with the firmware.

IRW2411

New User
Reaction score
After looking at a number of forums about Horus no one was reporting the problem I was experiencing - so it had to be me!! Began documenting the process steps I had been taking, reviewed them and noted I had not been saving the file I had worked on. Did this and magically all is sweet. At the outset I thought it was something simple.
Thanks for your interest