What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things going on at Aloft Hobbies

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Thought you might enjoy following along with some of the things we are doing at the shop.

If you have stopped by the shop you know we are jam packed and out of space. After looking at many options and hunting high and low for new space we ultimately decided to stay put and expand into the neighboring units in our building. The good news is that we finally get to take over this new space this February! We can hardly wait, it will be so nice to knock down some walls around here. :)

What will we do with all of this new space? That is the exciting part. More inventory, new brands, and new capabilities for Aloft.

Top priorities will be a new A/V room for even better photography and finally be able to produce some great videos. This is something we have wanted to do for a very long time, but lacked space and man hours to accomplish it. This will be a lot of work, and forces us to make a lot of changes in staffing and space to accomplish.

We are still debating many issues related to the new space, and how we will lay things out. One big change may be that the store front may be for questions and will call pickup only. I know this may not be a popular option for our local customers, but we have been running into some issues with allowing customers to stroll up and down our shelves. We are open to suggestions on this area, but I have a feeling this is something we may be forced to do. The current thought is we will have a small space just for local customers and will have a computer there for them to place a quick pickup order should it be needed. We will of course continue to do our best to assist and help, but we will limit access to just the customer area.

Lots more, but all in time.. I better go do some work now.. :)

-Wayne

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I'm having mixed feeling about this. On the one hand all my $1000 plus orders stated out as $100 local pick up. :eek: On the other hand I've really appreciated customer support both on the software side and on the hardware side that hands on interaction affords.:)

Well, you really have needed more space for a long time. I hope some of the lost items show up as you move into the larger space.

All the best,
Konrad

Last edited:

thenated0g

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Well i know not being able to walk the isles would save me some money for sure on my stops :)

You gotta at least have a little plane show area for fondling.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Honestly, we don't know how we will be laying out the space. I thought I had things figured out, but we have decided to hold off and instead work with the space for a little bit first and try a few different things before dedicating. I hope we get the keys tomorrow, but I doubt it, the current tenant is still messing around over there. :(