What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The newest BIG project at Aloft.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey all, I thought I'd show off the latest big project at Aloft, this one is something we have really been needing for a while now.. MORE SPACE!

If you have visited our shop in the last year you know how full we can be around here. Heck, we had opportunities to bring in some cool stuff but had to pass until we had more space. Here is a photo of our main glider storage space to give you an idea of how crowded things have become:
crowded - 1.jpg

(You may spot some new items that will be going up on the site pretty soon)

I'm not going to show you a picture of my messy office, but I have stacks of seaplanes in my office just to make more room in our current warehouse.

Best of all is the location, this new space is right behind our current space. In the photo above, if you could see the wall on the left side, that is going to be removed.

Here are some pics of the warehouse as she looks right now.

space - 8.jpg
space - 9.jpg

space - 3.jpg

Clean up has begun, first lets see what is under the dirt!
space - 12.jpg

space - 20.jpg

That is a good start.

Paint should be going in tomorrow. Then onto flooring, ceiling, electrical, bathroom...

PaulG

User
Reaction score
How about indoor tiny whoop race series when it is done? You guys are the best and amazingly helpful to us rookies, so it is really encouraging to see Aloft doing well and expanding,

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
The water is from cleaning.

Yeah, we might need to do some 65mm races. :) Like the idea.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Cleaned up a lot of the mess and now with some fresh paint she is really starting to look good!
painted - 1.jpg

Electrical and lighting goes in tomorrow. :) Insulation at the end of the month. Hopefully a new roll up door on the left this week. Paint the floor once construction is done.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Spent way too much time prepping the floor this weekend. There are a lot of holes in the floor and we tend to roll things around, so the holes needed to go. Lots of grinding out of old epoxy paint, or even wood from previous owners. Must have been 100 patches we did. Here is Chris smoothing one of the patches:
floor - 3.jpg

Some of the patches, and you can see the new LED lighting too:
floor - 2.jpg

Next up, sanding all of the floor to prep for etching, then priming, then painting.. Maybe we should have carpeted. LOL

thenated0g

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I'm walking thru a Sephora store with my wife at the moment, thank you for this distraction 🤣

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
More work done.. This floor has taken a lot longer than I expected, but finally looking better.

After the patching we rented a sander and sanded the entire space, then cleaned it up and primed with a sealer and yesterday was finally able to put down some color.

Sealer:
floor - 1.jpg

Color going down:
floor - 3 (1).jpg

Closer look at what the flooring looked like:
floor - 4.jpg

First coat done:
floor - 5.jpg

Wish we had filled more of the cracks, but it will be fine. So much brighter now. Will move the storage items over to the painted side and seal and paint that side a bit later.

-Wayne

Attachments

• floor - 2 (1).jpg
    floor - 2 (1).jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 91

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I see that the birth canal is now gone. (Sorry inside joke)

Are those pallets of GWS kits?! Will they be for sale or are they part of your personal stash.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Yep, those are some of the GWS foam kits. Mostly F15 kits, some A4 and a couple of PT17. Pretty much the last of the inventory that GWS had in the USA. They have some gas planes and some of the lesser known stuff, but this is the last of the good stuff. They are looking into the possibility of putting the Formosa or Formosa II back into production for us. Will depend on the quality of the molds.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Updated photo. Floor is done. Waiting for the ceiling insulation, and then we can start moving in. :)
floordone - 1 (1).jpg

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Actually, we had a little FPV rc car we were running around in there.. Dog tries to eat it though. Actually pretty good traction in there. Need to get some flights in before we fill it with shelving.