The newest BIG project at Aloft.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Register

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 29, 2017
Novato, CA USA
Hey all, I thought I'd show off the latest big project at Aloft, this one is something we have really been needing for a while now.. MORE SPACE!

If you have visited our shop in the last year you know how full we can be around here. Heck, we had opportunities to bring in some cool stuff but had to pass until we had more space. Here is a photo of our main glider storage space to give you an idea of how crowded things have become:
crowded - 1.jpg

(You may spot some new items that will be going up on the site pretty soon)

I'm not going to show you a picture of my messy office, but I have stacks of seaplanes in my office just to make more room in our current warehouse.

Best of all is the location, this new space is right behind our current space. In the photo above, if you could see the wall on the left side, that is going to be removed.

Here are some pics of the warehouse as she looks right now.

space - 8.jpg
space - 9.jpg

space - 3.jpg

Clean up has begun, first lets see what is under the dirt!
space - 12.jpg

space - 20.jpg

That is a good start.

Paint should be going in tomorrow. Then onto flooring, ceiling, electrical, bathroom...

Jan 23, 2018
How about indoor tiny whoop race series when it is done? You guys are the best and amazingly helpful to us rookies, so it is really encouraging to see Aloft doing well and expanding,

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 29, 2017
Novato, CA USA
Cleaned up a lot of the mess and now with some fresh paint she is really starting to look good!
painted - 1.jpg

Electrical and lighting goes in tomorrow. :) Insulation at the end of the month. Hopefully a new roll up door on the left this week. Paint the floor once construction is done.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 29, 2017
Novato, CA USA
Spent way too much time prepping the floor this weekend. There are a lot of holes in the floor and we tend to roll things around, so the holes needed to go. Lots of grinding out of old epoxy paint, or even wood from previous owners. Must have been 100 patches we did. Here is Chris smoothing one of the patches:
floor - 3.jpg

Some of the patches, and you can see the new LED lighting too:
floor - 2.jpg

Next up, sanding all of the floor to prep for etching, then priming, then painting.. Maybe we should have carpeted. LOL