What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taranis X9D Plus

HENNY

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Konrad I read into DEEPBLUEFLYERs comments above that he expected a ready to fly radio when he purchased it. He is frustrated and not listening to the posts.

I don't know what else to suggest that will satisfy him.

My earlier comment was not meant as an insult, we have some folks on the forum that find dealing with computers a difficult task. Hench the comment ask your Grandson for help.

Last edited:

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
LOL
A ready to fly, actually read to use, radio doesn't appear to be an unusual expectation.

For FrSky this is a black mark in that their new top tier ACCeSS components actually don't talk to each other (work) simply for lack of a cohesive production FW release procedure. FrSky actually has the FW that can talk to each other. They simply choose to make and release products that don't communicate with each other when first taken out of the box. This is why FrSky is a second tier company*. And why they are so concerned that RadioMaster and other are taking up so much of their market share. It would be so easy to fix. Here is my free advice to FrSky, put the customer first!

As to the issue in this thread. I'm not aware that these products were meant to be used without access to a computer. This might be an area for future development as I think tech firms like Apple are using the mobile tech even in their higher level computing machines.
Combine this with, it looks like the ISRM is not taking the FW (maybe a defective product) if as he said he did exactly as the video shows flashing the ISRM. (I have to give him the benefit of the doubt here). I think this is a product warranty issue.

*It is the management of FrSky that results is FrSky being a second tier RC products company. The actual products after having been vetted by an unpaid set of beta testers (us their valuable customer base) and by the second or third attempt at a fix, the products actually appear to meet expectations.

Based on FrSky's corporate culture I don't think this is a company for him. Selling the TX may in fact be the correct course of action. Staying within the limiting but comfortable confines of FUTBA may in fact be the best for his hobby endeavors.

If he gets the TX to work then we have the ACCST v1 to v2 issue to look forward to with X8R!

One can lead a horse to water, but one can't make it drink. Like I said I'm out!

Last edited:

HOQUIAM

User
Reaction score
Woodway;
I just went down this path and the gentlemen on this Aloft forum are trying to help you. Stop looking back at what you "could have done"
and continue to look forward. I know the experience is tough, but where your going will soon start to look better. I found myself in deep
trouble many times and these guys always reached out a hand to lift me up. I found that I had to read their instructions some times several
times to realy understand what to do, I usually found that I missread both the manual and their instructions and couldn't make things work
but most often it was the act of making mistakes and working myself out of it, was the best learning tool also. I have a X10S Express and I
modified it into a single stick radio so there were many new things I had to learn along the way. Be asured that the goal is worth the climb.

Hoquiam