What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SXR-SIM

gnichopd

New User
Reaction score
This is also posted under Electrics.

I just received the new XSR-SIM. In case you don't know, it is a Bluetooth dongle/FrSky RX combo. Plug it into your computer, create a Simulator Model on your TX, and then bind them. Now you can fly your favorite simulator wirelessly with your Taranis. Thank you Aloft and FrSky. No more 15' USB cable strung across the family room to the computer attached to the TV. Cool stuff and my wife is happy. Beat that.

I have been flying the free download simulator from Multiplex's German web site (recomened) with a USB cable. I've been checking Aloft's site daily for weeks waiting for the XSR-SIM to arrive. Now I have mine. It was super easy to hook up and I'm an old semi-computer literate curmudgeon. I already had a model named Sim on my TX. So all I needed to do was plug in the XSR-SIM and follow the normal binding routine the Sim model selected on the TX. I was able to ignore the vague and confusing instructions about installing a driver contained in the manual. (While FrSky's manuals are constantly improving and are now pretty good, it would be helpful if they got a proofreader who was both a modeler & an English major.) There is a helpful video on the FrSky site on the XSR-SIM page. I did not need to go through the calibration routine shown on the video, perhaps because my TX and Sim program were already calibrated. Speculation on my part, but I'm glad I could skip that step. YMMV.

So for under $20 I eliminated an unsightly hazardous condition in my home and made my self and my wife happy. That's why I am an unabashed fan-boy of Aloft Hobbies and FrSky. And the XSR-SIM. Great Job All