What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound pack for Q 7x

mrmark50

New User
Reaction score
I recieved my Taranis Q 7x a few days ago and I love it. I've used it with a couple of simulators and am amazed at all the the many thing that can be programmed into the radio and it is relatively straight forward. I flashed the 2.2.2 firmware very easily.
I put a 2 GB micro SD card in so that I can added the sound packs but I'm missing out on something because I downloaded the zip file off of the opentx site and put it on the card but I still don't get voice. I watched a few youtube videos but did not see that I did follow the things they did so I think I must of missed something. I backed up the model I created for the simulators and backed up the EEPROM and they appear on the SD page so it seems to work.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
You want to uncompress the ZIP file, then copy those folders to the ROOT of your SD card. That should do it. The SD card root should look something like this:
Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 9.24.59 AM.png

mrmark50

New User
Reaction score
I am wondering if I should flash the older 2.2.1 firmware because for some reason I continue to get a sd card warning that says expected ver. 2.2 v0018. In the download it says sdcard-taranis-x7-0018.
I've tried loading it on the sd card in the radio and reformatted the card and put it in my computer and loaded the download but still get the sd card warning.

Scott Page

Very Strong User
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a file in the SD card that MUST be included called "opentx.sdcard.version". If you have this file and want to be sure you have things correct open it with a text editor and check to see what version it says it is. DON'T SAVE IT. If you're getting a warning wanting 0018 then you've likely done something incorrectly when updating the SD card. You basically need to replace all of the files and folders on the SD card -- (backing up your old one first). Then you can delete the language of sounds you don't need and add sounds you like better than the stock version. But the en/sounds/system folder should not be tampered with unless you're really positive you know what your doing. Those sounds in the system folder are called by OpenTX for specific tasks/ warnings/ telemetry etc. Their names are very specific and their presence is required.

mrmark50

New User
Reaction score
There is a file in the SD card that MUST be included called "opentx.sdcard.version". If you have this file and want to be sure you have things correct open it with a text editor and check to see what version it says it is. DON'T SAVE IT. If you're getting a warning wanting 0018 then you've likely done something incorrectly when updating the SD card. You basically need to replace all of the files and folders on the SD card -- (backing up your old one first). Then you can delete the language of sounds you don't need and add sounds you like better than the stock version. But the en/sounds/system folder should not be tampered with unless you're really positive you know what your doing. Those sounds in the system folder are called by OpenTX for specific tasks/ warnings/ telemetry etc. Their names are very specific and their presence is required.
O.k. thanks I will do that.

mrmark50

New User
Reaction score
I recieved my Taranis Q 7x a few days ago and I love it. I've used it with a couple of simulators and am amazed at all the the many thing that can be programmed into the radio and it is relatively straight forward. I flashed the 2.2.2 firmware very easily.
I put a 2 GB micro SD card in so that I can added the sound packs but I'm missing out on something because I downloaded the zip file off of the opentx site and put it on the card but I still don't get voice. I watched a few youtube videos but did not see that I did follow the things they did so I think I must of missed something. I backed up the model I created for the simulators and backed up the EEPROM and they appear on the SD page so it seems to work.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Well it only took a little over 2 weeks but I got the sd card warning taken care of and I couldn't tell you how. I went into my computer and uninstalled all of the opentx stuff and reformatted the sd card for the thosanth time. Redownloa
ded the 2.2.2 companion and reflashed the radio, downloaded the sound pack 2.2 ver. 0018 like I had done many times before but when I exited the bootloader I heard the really sexy Welcome to Taranis.
So to all who tried to help me thank you so much.