Scratch building a photography drone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Register
Dec 2, 2018
I am wanting to build a drone/quadcopter that I can use for aerial photography. I want the capability to hover, return home. I have a TX/RX, brushless motors, sbus rx. It seems like there are lots of videos for racing drones but I can find any for photography.

Thanks,
Paul

Dec 14, 2018
Hi Paul,
One Newby here but I think I know a few things. Have you looked at the Vector Controller. It is quite a system and I'm pretty sure it's not for Racing. I've got this but I'm such a newby that I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work with Taranis-Plus TX and X8R RX. I'm sold on the Vector and the Taranis but they seem to be so robust and capable of doing the same things that I can't figure out how to get them to work together. The Vector can be picked up for around 75 to 100 bucks used and I think I saw it for 245 bucks new thru Aloft.

Another thing is the octocopter (8 motors) style is probably the best for aerial photography. Less vibration, flat flying and very graceful flying. Remember, I've been in this hobby for four years and I'm still pretty much a Newby. Hope something I said will be useful for you.

Take care and good luck. Lee