What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RX6R question

Fireflite88

New User
Reaction score
Hello, I just received my first Frsky Transmitter and receiver from Aloft. So far I am very pleased with the setup. I do have one question. I only have one receiver and three different aeroplanes. I'd like to use the same receiver for now on two different models.

The receiver links up quickly with the first model that I bound it to initially on receiver channel 2. Tonight I tried to hook it up to a different model and it didn't even light up. I tried it again on the initial model and it responded correctly and quick as normal. Going back to the second model it wouldn't even light up. The ESC supplied power to the motor but nothing came through to the Rx. Any advice? Am I missing something? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Danny

Last edited:

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
How do you know the ESC is providing power to the motor? (I'm assuming you are seeing some motor bump as the ESC goes through its initiation routine).

As you can't get the Rx LED to light I'm assuming there is no power coming from the ESC (internal BEC) down the small 3 lead connector (servo connector). Take a close look at this connector. Make sure there are no shorts from the wires across connector pins. (I've had issue with this from ESC found in FreeWing* foam models). Do you have a way to measure the voltage at the connector pins? Also make sure you have the polarity correct when plugging in the ESC lead into the RX. This is a problem with the "new" light weight receivers in that they often don't have a way to mechanically index the servo connectors.

* Freewing does not make the ESC I think the OEM is Hobby Wing.

All the best,
Konrad

Fireflite88

New User
Reaction score
How do you know the ESC is providing power to the motor? (I'm assuming you are seeing some motor bump as the ESC goes through its initiation routine).

As you can't get the Rx LED to light I'm assuming there is no power coming from the ESC (internal BEC) down the small 3 lead connector (servo connector). Take a close look at this connector. Make sure there are no shorts from the wires across connector pins. (I've had issue with this from ESC found in FreeWing* foam models). Do you have a way to measure the voltage at the connector pins? Also make sure you have the polarity correct when plugging in the ESC lead into the RX. This is a problem with the "new" light weight receivers in that they often don't have a way to mechanically index the servo connectors.

* Freewing does not make the ESC I think the OEM is Hobby Wing.

All the best,
Konrad
Thank you sir, I can confirm post output to the motor because of the bump. I will check to see what kind of voltage i'm getting, if any. Still learning some things in this hobby so I'll ask, what kind of voltage should I see if the is in fact any coming through?