What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RX6R and Sbus

joefly

User
Reaction score
Has anyone used the RX6R with Sbus. I'm trying to setup Sbus in a plane with this receiver. From the instructions, I need to solder a connector to the included harness with the 6 wire connector. I plan on using 2 decoders with flaps, Ailerons, and retracts. I'm concerned that the wiring is too light a gauge to run 4 servos and retracts. Any suggestions or solutions?

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I'm at a bit of a loss. Why use SBus for less than 8 channels? If using 8 channels move to the RX8R-pro
https://alofthobbies.com/frsky-rx6r.html
https://alofthobbies.com/frsky-rx8r-pro.html

But you should have no problem using the SBus out pin (signal).

As for power you can use the standard servo +- bus bar to supply power to the decoders and servos. (by the way all these pads should hold up fine to 5 amps. Forgo the pin block if using a lot of amps)

If looking for redundancy you will need to bring the Sbus signal from the secondary RX in through the S-Bus in pin.

FYI; Most Jr style connectors and power bus bars found on most RX are limited to about 7 amps. 5 amps for the Jr connector.

Last edited:

joefly

User
Reaction score
I’ll be switching to rx8r. I now understand that the sbus out or in was for a second receiver. I could hve made up a harness to pull the power off of the power bus and connect the white wire to the sbus signal. I was just hoping there was an easier solution.

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
You can do that. The pads should allow enough power for "normal" servo loads. It is just as you noted that there would likely be too much voltage drop from the small pins and light wires. So wire directly to the pads.

Sbus out has nothing to do with the secondary back up receiver. It is the serial wire that the decoders read for their servo channel data.

joefly

User
Reaction score
Here is my solution to add sbus to the RX6R. I used a Y cable that allows me to connect one side to the sbus decoders and the other side to the battery. Uses 22ga wire for power to the receiver and decoders. Hook it up on the bench and it worked great.

Attachments

• 998C2C75-FDE6-492B-932E-0934FA099B10.jpeg
    998C2C75-FDE6-492B-932E-0934FA099B10.jpeg
    329.1 KB · Views: 397