What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R-XSR range issue

Genetics

New User
Reaction score
Hello,
I recently picked up two R-XSR’s and put them in my Vortex quads (using older Taranis).

The problem is range, I’m getting 45 DB at around 100 yards and so before I do anything I would like to get some insight from other frsky users, the antenna orientation is good , I even tried the 1/4 wave antenna on both Rx’s and to no avail, I probably got an extra 50 to 100 feet....

I also updated to the current firmware both Tx/Rx , before I proceed I’m wondering if there’s an easier fix IE buying the QX7 , Etc. I don’t know- I’m lost right now and need help before I start throwing money away, I’ve heard from guys online that are getting almost a mile out of theirs, I don’t necessarily want a mile but the feeling of a solid connection would make me feel 10x better.

Please help

Last edited:

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score