What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

qx7 model file transfer

Bigdarylg

New User
Reaction score
i sold my qx7 radio and purchased a horus x10s. i made a copy of the sd card from the qx7 and was wondering if i can transfer models to the x10s. i am planning to convert the x10 to open tx. would like to move models and then just bind new radio to each receiver

Kjwright12

New User
Reaction score
I’m not an expert on Open Tx but I think it should be ok. I think the models are just binary files. After you update to OpenTX give it a shot on the new radio. What have you got to loose??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
You can convert them via OpenTX Companion. I don't think they will convert on the Radio if it is a different type.

http://www.open-tx.org/

Also the radio can only convert models one major release at a time(2.0->2.1->2.2) but I think the Q-X7 started with 2.2 so that is probably not an issue here.

Remember that different radios have different controls so missing control will be "forgotten" and you will need to re-hookup or re-create an alternative depending on the case.

Also note that for Taranis models like the Q-X7, the SD card does not contain the models unless you made a backup. Hopefully you did!

A full backup is made via the RADIO SETUP VERSION page and writes out the EEPROM content to the SD card in the form of an .otx file. Companion can just load such files and conversion is easy. You just need to change the Radio Type in Settings->Settings... and save the .otx out as a new file.

You can also make individual model backups on the TX, generally to manage the model memory. these save out is a different format that Companion 2.2.X can't load directly...(not sure why, think its a bug) If you have these then you can use the OpenTX Companion Simulator and a copy of the SD card to load them and write out a backup file.

The Horus works differently in that only the current model is in memory and the rest are stored on the SD card.