What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about the Nav lights sold here

Dave

New User
Reaction score
Hi. New guy here. I have a question for those of you who have used the navigation lights sold by Aloft Hobbies. I'm experiencing erratic behavior when triggering these lights to the "on" mode. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. My trigger signal is strong and quite stable. In other words, every single time I hit the button a trigger signal is sent. However, the nav light doesn't always respond. It should be a simple thing, but apparently it is not. Anyone have any thoughts about what it might be? I power them with a 5v source and trigger them with that same source.

Thanks in advance for any help!

BigD61

New User
Reaction score
I have the strobe navigation light on a model & seem to work well. Mine is connected directly to the Rx (X8R) with the channel setup for off = -100% & On = +100%. Do no understanding the 5v power source so maybe I am not talking about the same nav light.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
They need a PWM source for the trigger. They are intended to be plugged into a receiver. If using as a stand alone, a PWM generator like a servo tester will be required. I think there is a version of these that simply turn on with power, but we do not currently offer that version.

BigD61

New User
Reaction score
I have 2 model with this navigation light and both had intermittent operation. My analysis showed the on condition to be 1.5 to 1.98 millisecond. Setting Tx to 90% corrected intermittent turn on.