What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plane identification… please help to find type and manufacturer

purview

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Hello,

I found a picture of this plane on the web. It was shot at the Typhoon Race of 2018 in Korea. Does anybody know this plane?

IMG_3251-920.jpg
IMG_3252-920.jpg

Greetings Chris

Doc J

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Looks a lot like Pierre's Quantum. I'd say that was what it was.

Available on a long waiting list for Sanda.

Chees,

Doc J.
Unknown.png
Unknown.jpg

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hmm, yep, think you got it. We can order this plane in, but the waiting list is about 1 year right now. :(

purview

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Ya a see identified by aspect ratio and wingtip design, yes I believe it can be this Quantum Project started 2015 by Rondel but was not quiet sure:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2556302-Quantum-F3F

Does anybody know more about Dirk Pflug airfoils? Didn't tried these (pitty me)
If u do 2 weeks per plane then about 106 can be build, so we will see some more of them.
It looks a bit the same as the RESPECT. so I asked
The performance of this plane @Worlds (Kap Arkona 2018) was not one of the best
Thanks

Doc J

Very Strong User
Reaction score
It takes on average 40 to 50 hours to make any moulded model well.

Just for reference.

Then there is the mould cleaning, polishing and materials preparation for the next one.

Pflug only does aerofoils - no model design. I have never tried his aerofoils, but he has a good reputation and is the designer of the fast Lisenby DS sections. You will see a number of models with the suffix "DP" indicating that he has designed the aerofoils as this is his "trademark".
For some obscure reason he is afraid of me, and tells people not to let me see his creations.
No idea why this would be but maybe its because I don't believe in this "secret" aerofoil policy at all. I grew up and maintain my belief in the days of friendship, free exchange of information, mutual progress, and just plain old friendship.

I'm sure I'll get arrested by the German Elite design police for that one.
images-100.jpeg

Cheers,

Doc.