What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No connection issue

MrMann

New User
Reaction score
After many many moons and reviews, I have recently purchased my first transmitter. I went with a Taranis QX7. Straight out of the box i have had no connection with my windows 10 pc. I have opentx, zadig, betaflight, and rc impulse. none of them have been able to find the trans. in the off mode my device mgr doesn't even recognize it. I have gone as far as having a windows support tech on my comp remotely attempting to solve issue to no avail. I have been on this trip for 5 days now. Can someone PLEASE help. I'm like a crack head looking for his next hit filled with anxiety trying to go on liftoff to begin practicing.

Reaction score
Probably either the port you are using in your PC or the cable. The USB ports on the back of a desktop are the most reliable. USB3 can be a problem. They are the most common problems and if your PC is not seeing the TX at all then this is most likely the reason. Very occasionally it can be a bad USB socket on the the TX

Generally you should not connect the Q-X7 to a PC with the power off unless you first install the correct STM32 bootloader driver using Zadig. If you do then Windows will associate the wrong driver and that can possibly cause the trouble you are having but you will see a device driver loaded in the Device Manager. If you did this then you need to connect the TX to see the driver, uninstall the device driver, then disconnect the TX. You can then use Zadig to install the STM32 bootloader driver if you like but it is not actually necessary if you connect the TX with the power on in Bootloader mode. To put the Q-X7 in boot loader mode, squeeze the two horizontal trim together and briefly press the power button. Once the TX is in bootloader mode then connect the USB cable. The TX should show up as two drives TARANIS and "Removeable Drive". The latter wilol only show up if you have the SD card installed in the TX.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Here are the most common issues:

Bad cable (some are power only, some are just junky)
bad USB drivers
sometimes some of the PC out there just plane do not like the radio. Rare, but happens. Try another computer if you can.
Very rare - I have seen the usb port in the back of the radio damaged by junky cables, or trying to force the wrong plug into the port. Eyeball the port and make sure everything looks OK, all of the little pins should look the same.

Other than that it just comes down to technique. Are you doing the 3 finger solute? push the lower trims towards the center when turning on the power to enter bootloader mode.