What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help loading Images

Npilot

New User
Reaction score
After some effort I have created a model that works well. I would like to add an image but am having some difficulty. When I go to enter a model image the area is highlighted but I do not get a list of the BMP images to choose from and none of the entry keys aside from exit do anything. If I change menus and go to the sd card I can see the BMP images so they are there but I can't get to them from the menu where the model is created. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Are you doing this on the radio or on companion? If on the radio, they should just come up if the images are inside the "IMAGES" folder on the SD card.

Npilot

New User
Reaction score
Hi Wayne, I am doing this on the radio. When I look at the contents of the SD card I seea folder called (BMP) and annother called (IMAGES) images only has a text file called readme which is not readable on the radio. The BMP folder has a lot of images of airplanes but I cant get them to load on the model I created or even on a new model I create. Do I have to move the BMP images to the Image folder? How is that done? Thanks in advance for your expert help.

bob_stan

New User
Reaction score
The easiest way would be to connect your sd card to your computer. If the computer reads it, it will show up as an external drive. Just browse the contents, and copy all the files in the bmp folder. Once they are copied, paste them into the images folder. Thern eject the card and put it back in your transmitter. You images should now appear as choices to add an image to your model.

Npilot

New User
Reaction score
Hi bob_stan, tried what you suggested but does not work for me. When checking the images file on the sd card I now see a subdirectory called BMP which has all the airplane images. when working from my radio on the second menu where a new model is created and I attempt to add an image after naming the model it fails. I press the enter key and the field is expanded and highlighted in black but no text or immage is displayed.

Last edited:

RichS

New User
Reaction score
This is for opentx2.2.1RC
I tried to add images by dropping BMP folder from opentx2.1.9 into SD card opentx2.2.1 images file and it loaded fine.
Insert SD card into TX, I go to 2 page for model image and I can't open image for model.
So I erased BMP folder from SD card images opentx2.2.1
I open up otx2.1.9 images file and right click on BMP file to open it, now I see black and white images of different models.
I select all of the black and white files (ctrl A) then drag and drop them into SD card opentx2.2.1 images file.
Now when I select model image on 2nd page I get a choice what model image I want.