What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music

Scott Page

Very Strong User
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know about the stock FrOS firmware - but with OpenTx you can play individual files as background music. Background music has it's own volume level and will quiet when alarm or notification sounds are playing. Additionally background music can be paused and resumed. As far as I know all sound files in OpenTX are .wav files - not MP3.

kenh3497

New User
Reaction score
So to take this one step further, Could the wav files be triggered by a switch. I would like to use the TX as a caller for pattern. I would like to have a switch that when triggered announce the next maneuver.

Ken

Just shoot me

New User
Reaction score
So, I have been fighting with this very issue. I too would like to have a recorded file that I could use to call pattern maneuvers, There is an option in OPEN TX for playback pause which, if I understand it correctly, allows the use of a switch to start and stop a playback file. My question is what is the file format and where does it live on the SD card?

Just shoot me

New User
Reaction score
yes just program in special functions.
Can you provide a little more info?
I have created a .WAV file 6 char long, sample rate of 32 Khz, (and 16 and 8), installed it in the Sounds/Language/en directory but still cannot get it to play. What am I missing here?
In Companion it will play in the Spec Func setup screen (where you set the switch, wav file, etc there is a play button, I assume to test.) but it won't play when I flip the switch in the simulator.

Scott Page

Very Strong User
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you provide a little more info?
I have created a .WAV file 6 char long, sample rate of 32 Khz, (and 16 and 8), installed it in the Sounds/Language/en directory but still cannot get it to play. What am I missing here?
In Companion it will play in the Spec Func setup screen (where you set the switch, wav file, etc there is a play button, I assume to test.) but it won't play when I flip the switch in the simulator.

email me your sound file and I'll test it for you later (probably tonight). pagesflyingcircus@gmail.com