What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logical switch

Penfred

New User
Reaction score
Hi All
I am having trouble trying to set two 3 way switches,what i have is air brakes on one switch ch5 and flaps on another ch6 and ch7.ch5 & ch6 are mixed wing brake up flap down and centre flaps and wing flaps on the other, all works but i want to have only one switch to be active ar a time . ie air brakes wing flaps on,the other switch inactive and the opposite way around.
If anyone can help that would be great
Thanks Fred

Reaction score
You need to use logical switches. Not sure what you set up actually is and what you want it to do from your description but... say you use SA for flaps and SB for brake and -100% flap up and brake down. Then one way to get the switches to lock out is to use two sticky switches...

L1 Sticky !SA^ SA^ AND !L2
L2 Sticky !SB^ SB^ AND !L1

Then in the MIXER define a default for the Flap up and Brake down cases and a control line with the switch as source each enabled by the Sticky

CHx MAX Weight (-100%) Switch(L2) [Flap]
+= SA Weight (+100% Switch(!L2) [Flap]

CHy MAX Weight (-100%) Switch(L1) [Brake]
+= SB Weight (+100% Switch(!L1) [Brake]

Note that CHy will move to whatever position SB is set once SA is moved to SA^ and vice versa but you cannot move the brake if the flap is set and you cannot move the flap if the brake is set. I do not have time to add the logic to force you to switch the brake or flap back to ^ before it will act but I'm not sure you would want that.

You can adjust the flap and brake movement in OUTPUTS by setting direction, min max and subtrim or you can scale the Source Switches SA and SB with INPUTS and use those INPUTS as the Mix sources. If necessary you can adjust the default MAX line directly.

You can add a slow function to the mix lines, say up 2 down 2...eg:

CHx MAX Weight (-100%) Switch(L2) slow(u2:d2)[Flap]
+= SA Weight (+100% Switch(!L2) slow(u2:d2)[Flap]

I found you have to add that to both lines of the mix or it would glitch