What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Linker - Two Person Control Zenmuse Z15 Gimbal

mbrund

New User
Reaction score
I have a one person setup on my S900 with a Taranis X9D+ controlling the drone and the Z15 gimbal.

I want to use a spare Taranis X9D (Slave) that I have to control the Z15 Gimbal by remapping the Master X9D+ LR/SR/S1/etc. to control Gimbal, Record, mode and Lens Direction (forward, down) to the Slave X9D. However, I want to map the pots from the Master to the gimbals on the Slave. Is it possible to use the Linker to remap the channels used on the Master X9D+ to the Slave X9D, and then remap the channels to different switches and the gimbals and set the gains based on the Slave X9D?

I am using a FrSky X8D in D16 - SBus mode attached to the DJI A2 running the S900.

Hopefully all that made sense :)

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
I think you are asking if you can pass control from the master to the slave of only certain channels. Yes, you can. Also asking if different switches and such can be used on the slave, yes, they can. :)

OpenTX allows you to be very creative with the trainer function. Basically, you can pass whatever channels you like to student control. You can allow them partial or full control of those channels. You can select how and when they have control of those channels. It can get very deep, so might be best to check some of the youtube videos on this subject. you may need to do some hunting, but as I recall you will be using the mixer lines to allow channels beyond the basic 4 flight controls, basically the source can be trainer channels.