What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inventory

JYglider

New User
Reaction score
Hi Seems like a lot of items are out of stock. I have signed up for alerts on items. But I'm just wondering... is this the slow season? Xmass run on inventory?
Thanks!

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
It might be that. A lot of product was sold during the Xmas rush.

But what I suspect is going on is that with the high tariffs on imported goods resellers are not sure if historical sales models will be valid. So to keep prices down and the business model viable most are trying to keep inventories down.

With the effort to keep inventories down, the lead time issue with getting products from overseas will become more and more apparent.

So the short of it is, if you want something order it. This is a sure way to let the reseller know that there is a market for the product. This will give them (not just Aloft Hobbies) motivation to stock products.

But in the mean time with the current market, tariffs and that the customs office is all but shut down, we are lucky that we have anything to play with.

Keep this in mind when you vote (assuming you are a USA citizen).

All the best,
Konrad
(It's the economy stupid, not a wall we want!)

Last edited:

JYglider

New User
Reaction score
Thanks Konrad. Hadn't occurred to me that we might be feeling effects of the trade war in the R/C community already. What a train wreck. Don't worry... I VOTE

JYglider

New User
Reaction score
How about that Avionics system, made in India? I'm tempted to try it out, but I want the micro Rx... Oops, also out of stock :(

JYglider

New User
Reaction score
Here's another beef. I put an Aloft order together for 1 Frsky TX, 1 Rx and a wall charger. They want $26 US Priority Mail for shipping. Thats outrageous, unless there is a hazmat charge for the battery?

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Don't think there is a hazmat with NiMh. But I think the $26 Priority mail comes more from the size of the TX box.

I haven't seen the Avionics system on the shelf for the last 10 month. While I think it is a stable system. I don't think it really has much value, other than a gift from Grandma type present. That is it is cheap but offers little it the way of growth. I think the low end Fr Sky really are the better value.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
We finally got a bunch of FrSky stuff in yesterday. Sometimes it just takes a long time to get the orders in. That was the case for this one, order was placed back in November. We were well stocked going into November/December, but we were still well cleaned out. I don't think we have ever been that far out of stock with FrSky products.

We have tons of stuff on the way, just a waiting game.

Avionics is actually a Chinese company, just more popular in India. We should have more stock on those soon too. They are a decent first radio if you are wanting to test out the hobby.

-Wayne

Carracer5

New User
Reaction score
I just returned two 8 ch stabalized receivers, due to the degree of difficulty programing them, and Laurie exchanged them for 2 X8R receivers plus i ordered 2 more X8R receivers and the ordering menu said they were the last 2 avaliable. 2 days later i received 4 receivers. 2 standard X8R and 2 with the extra set of straight wire antennas. I sure that they are out of standard 30 dollar receivers and they substituted the 32 dollar receivers just to get my orders filled and out their door. This all started when they were completely out of receivers and i had just received an email that they got in a new shipment . Well I assume that there were so many people waiting to get them that they went really fast. I immediately had 4 shipped to me and if the other people ordered multiple quanties, I'm sure they went fast. Aloft has always been quick to get my orders in the mail and their price for 2 day USPS shipping is always excellent. I rather wait for them to get more in stock than order from anyone else.
A Loyal Aloft Customer
JERRY