What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International Slope Race (ISR) 2019.

purview

Very Strong User
Reaction score
I youtubed the spot. It has a nice double edged lip with lots of energy on this day:
Looks like a want to be there to fly this slope once.
Cheers Chris

purview

Very Strong User
Reaction score
and this is from 2010 with living legends on the sticks. Does someone know which planes those guys are flying. Looks bigger than 3M ships to me isn't it maybe 3.5?
Astonishing diving and recovery back to zero-level lanes. Must have become a nice day those days nearly a decade ago.
Many Regards
Chris

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Sorry, I had gone a little off topic earlier in this thread. My bad. I was not paying much attention to what thread we were in.

purview

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Dear James,

it took a while to think about your last post. It was me, the stupid guy who entered your thread with the objective to comment the advises for a pretty new pilot #23 and #26. My perspective was attaining and more speaking to the mind of the "new pilots on the slopes". So it matches mainly with your last point:
Are we talking about the wind, runways, electric - what are we
If not knowing what to do or on what to look first on the slope (for example wind direction, landing zones, obstacles, walking people or free running pets, or even grazing livestock), than it would be better to follow the advice of Konrad:
Paul the ISR is not the venue to learn how to slope soar.

My salient point was to encourage PaulG to open a knew thrad where it is possible to unsolve such mysteries what is happening in the air on ground or even by the planes or the pilots itself:
start a new topic of how to become a safe pilot on the slope

It was not possible to do that and "I would like to add" or better to change my opinion based on my modest experience with the radio controlled community. It is not beeing about "a safe pilot" or
for yourself, others and maybe your plane(s) and/or trees, ground equipment

So it is only up on PaulG who asked for help. I should better accept his post #26 and hope he is outside and learn. I want keenly to apologize for my outtakes to security, life-time (as the pilots fault) and threats of any kind connected with this beautiful hobby. So let us look forward and talk about your other points if opened in their new specific threads. Naturally it makes only sense if someone is willing to join the discussion and help for clearence. Please take care of my statement:
What a sailplane can do on a slope is set by

Let us focus on the main point of this thread and please do not judge me by GIGO - Cheers Chris
This is your thread, and sorry to wayne for my meandering and beeing offtopic with my concerns (safety should burried for fun. I saw many build planes. I also saw the weak points of mines and the learning steps that everybody has to go through who do not want to buy such highly experienced work). So what can be seen on the next ISR?

Are we talking about the ISR race?

YES, pleaso go on forward James you have the right tools in the box...
and I think your designs are way ahead of the others

Last edited:

Doc James Hammond

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Waaa...all this effort to promote this event, now it looks like I might not get to come next year.

Doc.
images-91.jpeg

Konrad

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Doc,
I'm concerned, is this a personal or business issue? I hope all is well with you and Julia.

All the best,
Konrad

Doc James Hammond

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Hi Konrad - thanks for the concern.

Its personal - my sister died of cancer earlier this year, and its to do with that.

Cheers,

J&J.

purview

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that. Business is always on second order
Chris

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
I won't be there either, but still a great event and I will do my best to get the word out.

Hey James - Sorry about your sister. She is in a better place now. You are in our thoughts.

-Wayne