What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to take a "complex gas model setup" and change/upgrade the Rx?

LazyB

New User
Reaction score
any idea how to take a "complex gas model setup (Open Tx)" and change/upgrade the Rx without having to go through the entire setup process again?

I am currently having to add a new RX8R Pro receiver to my large scale gas engine airplane models and use the existing X8R's (already bound and setup) as the satellite Rx's.

I'm hoping there is an easy way to do this upgrade. Any help would be appreciated.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Just bind the new receiver. Nothing else needs to change in the programming for the plane. :)

LazyB

New User
Reaction score
no sir it doesn't work. It's turned into a nightmare.

Here is what I've been able to do on my own:
1. Updated my Taranis X9D-Plus to Open Tx version to 2.2.1
2. Updated my Taranis X9D-Plus XJT firmware (internal module) to version 170317
3. Flashed firmware to new Rx- version RX8R_Pro_FCC180223
I'm thinking that is all I did but who knows at this point.

Still not binding with RX8R Pro and now none of my other planes will work with the new Open Tx!
The Tx turns on and all looks normal. The models are all still in the memory and all seem to have been converted fine but nothing works when Rx are turned on. Rx just has blinking red LED light.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Sounds like you may have flashed EU firmwares onto your radio. This would be a bad thing. You need the non-EU versions unless you happen to live in the EU.