What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horus X12S Battery Mod

ninod

New User
Reaction score
I decided to mod the battery in order to charge it on the bench with a standard battery charger. I took the battery out and cut the lead red and black and inserted a heavy duty servo lead in between. Then routed them through the JR Module area. When Fast charging is required I simply open the JR Module area and disconnected the two wires as shown in the pictures below and plug the battery end into the bench charger. Your still able to charge the Radio through the AC adapter if so desired.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 281
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 267

wirebender

New User
Reaction score
I decided to mod the battery in order to charge it on the bench with a standard battery charger. I took the battery out and cut the lead red and black and inserted a heavy duty servo lead in between. Then routed them through the JR Module area. When Fast charging is required I simply open the JR Module area and disconnected the two wires as shown in the pictures below and plug the battery end into the bench charger. Your still able to charge the Radio through the AC adapter if so desired.
I am wanting to upgrade the Horus battery capacity with NIMH and charge via an external charger permanently. Could you confirm that if I wire in a charging lead to the existing jack and disconnect the charging board that when the radio is turned of the charger is isolated from the radio and will not damage the radio. The charger I will be using is a reflex charger and I want to confirm that when the switch is off it does isolate the radio.

ninod

New User
Reaction score
I did NOT wire it to the radio PC Card. If you look at the pictures the charge end goes directly to the battery wires and is totally isolated from the radio electronics.