What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hitec modules

kenh3497

New User
Reaction score
Ever since Hitec has discontinued it's TX production I can only assume that support will soon go by the wayside. Since I am kind of RX poor into Hitec, is there a module that is Hitec compatible? This would make the decision to switch to FrSky a much easier decision. All new RX's will of course be FrSky and in fact already own a couple of the Delta 8 RX's. Thank you!

Ken

Jim-e

New User
Reaction score
The DFT module (futaba frisky) fits my hitec eclipse 7, only it is upside down. Had to use a 90* connector to bring the antenna to the side so it is lower than it would be on a futaba tx. Seems to work okay but my experience is limited as I have been concentrating on building a post and beam garage from scratch the last five years.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 306
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 498

Retired

User
Reaction score
Just brainstorming and if I’m in the same page about the module, what about making a antenna connecter hole in the now top side of the connector shell?
The antenna coax should allow a 180deg flip inside?
Since the tip of the antenna radiates, having the antenna against the module back shouldn’t cause any issues. The extended antenna in an adapter does have loss with each connection end, a direct mounted antenna is one less connection.
Btw, if the dht module works so will the XJT in ppm input mode. This would allow one to use all the Frsky X receivers as well as flash the fw to FCC or EU versions.
You’ll still have the telemetry option connector but better flight sensor options.
I’ll take a look at relocating the antenna connector per my suggestion first chance and report back.
I’ve also seen after market Frsky module back covers 3D printed. A custom cover could be printed to move the antenna mount to be at the top when the module is upside down.
I just got a Ender 3 3D printer$200 range) for Xmas and this is exactly the reason. To make what isn’t!
For now I’m just using others printer files but working hard to design my own to print.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

kenh3497

New User
Reaction score
Well then, the module in my Aurora should work. It has an external wire from the module to the antenna. You would have to rig up some sort of mount for the antenna itself but there looks like a possibility there! I'll try to get a photo of my A9 module and post it here in this reply. The antenna just snaps into the TX case. Should be simple enough to make a recptical for the antenna base.

Ken

Attachments

• 20190105_191141.jpg
    20190105_191141.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:

kenh3497

New User
Reaction score
I was able to check a actual JR module against the module in my Hitech A9. They DO NOT match so a direct fit is not possible. Of course there are no JR compatible modules available from Hitec. In fact they show no modules of any kind on the Hitec web site. Yet another reason to move on ....