What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

heli setup with the horus X10 TX

Dennis

New User
Reaction score
Hi Guy's
I am trying to setup a heli for the first time using my Horus X10 TX i am having problems getting the servos to function correctly if anyone can can direct me to some good info it would be greatly appreciated Thanks
forgot to mention i am using standard Fros and the heli is a flybar type
( I think i got it figured out Wow took a bit of experimentation but it looks like it's working correctly )

Last edited:

purview

Very Strong User
Reaction score
check for correct swasplate type and change servo directions till it is working proper to your rotorhead. swashplate up can be positive or negative pitch.

-> type of swashplate, transmitter must know how much servos are working here

Dennis

New User
Reaction score
I got that and horus X10 has 6 swash plates and some of them are very close in operation i now have all the servos working correctly and in the proper direction the pitch can make a guy think that the servos are reversed that had me going for a bit and it was the missing part to the puzzle.

purview

Very Strong User
Reaction score
90°, 120° or 180° and then the issue of the two roll servos. Are they in front or on the backside of the mainshaft - it is a bit confusing. Is your Tx able to adjust the direction (virtually calibrate and rotate the swashplate with the non-moving center at mainshaft) to get to the best control inputs of nick, roll and pitch?

pitch is dependend on the link to control the blade holder. is it in front of rotation or on backside. and the crossed links of the follower arms. this can reverse the logic of the up and down movement of the swashplate.

It must set with Tx stick positions to move the swashplate and then to recheck that your gyro-System do it the same (leveling in the opposite direction of disturbation). A few more helis and u get it in a few minutes well ; -)

helis on open tx for everybody...

Dennis

New User
Reaction score
I am using the Frsky OS i have it working on the heli which is a algin 450X flybar heli the pitch is working one thing i have not figured out yet is i want the heli in normal mode to have only positive pitch and then when i go to th-1 go to the positive & negative pitch i am using a digital pitch gauge

purview

Very Strong User
Reaction score
not to get into deep your Tx specific problem I can offer you some overall tips for rc helis. normally your problem gets solved with flight modes and pitch curves. the curves corelates with your stick and can be changed like -100 0 100 for 3D or 0 35 70. 35 is just a number for you: the middle is the stick position and corelates with mode one zero pitch or mode two 35 is hover -> thrust equal gravity ; -)

the pitch degrees u set at value +/-100 the degrees of your manual -10 and 10 degrees and for mode two less.

helis should work universal, u must only get into the way to proof it with your Tx choice.

happy learning

purview

Very Strong User
Reaction score
repairing, buying new or to get to knowledge first it is your decision when to take off and to fly as long as you..

Dennis

New User
Reaction score
still struggling with the heli setup most information on heli setup is OPenTX i am on the FROS what's the difference between the 2 versions for a heli setup i have the system working it's all the curves and mixing that's got me and i can't find any info on it