What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GWS Micro Slow Stick

purview

Very Strong User
Reaction score
glass on the go… they have their rights to be preferred

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Added FPV to my mini.

Had a bunch of fun flying her around at the local field. Love doing super low power takeoffs. :) Uploading a video to youtube to share.. Will post here when it is done. :)

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Video of a fun little flight.. For the most part just farting around with low power. I love this silly plane.

504Flyer

New User
Reaction score
I am building one of these and I would like any help on what would be good for this plane. Any suggestions help, thanks.

Glenn Beer

Active User
Reaction score
I’d recommend adding some carbon fiber rods to the leading and trailing edges of the wing similar to how the bigger slow sticks are fitted out. This is to counter the tendency of the wing to fold up if you get into a hi G pullout. I have the 1806 motor also but it can be too much.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
I have a very small prop and 2S battery on mine. Works great.. About a 1:1 thrust with a fresh battery. I could easily put a different prop on it and pull a lot more power, but it would not be a good fit for this slow flying plane.

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Yikes - They are very rare at this point. I do not know where you will find one, sorry. Check Ebay and those places to see if a kit shows up.