What's new
Aloft Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glider News from Aloft

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
We did not. Was told the molds are worn out and possibly gone. We can get the modern version of their F3F in a similar layup. The CrossOver/CrossFire are direct decedents of the NyX.

If you like, can get you a Sonnet or Scout in a proven DS Acro layup, has been tested to be the fastest F3F ships in DS laps. Quality of these planes is second to none. We are currently near the top of the waiting list for these. Only a few spots open up each year.
20200328-3.jpeg

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Another option I am thinking of ordering for myself is this one:

The videos on that page are the stock wing carbon wing. They do not suggest pushing that wing as hard as it was in the high speed video, but don't worry, they make a "hard" version that is a full carbon skin, no foam or balsa in the skin. That is the beast wing.

I'm very close to ordering myself a stock wing for slope and thermal flights. Seems to nice wide range of performance.

Diceman

Reaction score
We did not. Was told the molds are worn out and possibly gone. We can get the modern version of their F3F in a similar layup. The CrossOver/CrossFire are direct decedents of the NyX.

If you like, can get you a Sonnet or Scout in a proven DS Acro layup, has been tested to be the fastest F3F ships in DS laps. Quality of these planes is second to none. We are currently near the top of the waiting list for these. Only a few spots open up each year.
20200328-3.jpeg
Wayne,
Do you have a link / picture to the Sonnet and Scout? Google searching did not get me anywhere.
Thanks!

Doc James Hammond

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Doc,
What are the relative advantages of double bs single carbon versions?
Raymond
Double carbon version is stiffer than the single version. If you want to go crazy fast - which this model will do - and also be a little more hardy over a long lifetime, then double carbon would be the way to go.

Cheers,

Doc.

Doc James Hammond

Very Strong User
Reaction score
This is an amazing video of the Alpenbrise flown by CRG Partners Test pilot Sebastian Franken and supervised (!) by the Boss: Werner Fehn. The cameras are on the model. Wow!

Secret message...There are 5 of them headed for Novato next week....

Doc J

Very Strong User
Reaction score
Another option I am thinking of ordering for myself is this one:

The videos on that page are the stock wing carbon wing. They do not suggest pushing that wing as hard as it was in the high speed video, but don't worry, they make a "hard" version that is a full carbon skin, no foam or balsa in the skin. That is the beast wing.

I'm very close to ordering myself a stock wing for slope and thermal flights. Seems to nice wide range of performance.
Beautiful model.

Doc.